Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Everybody, please don't buy Vegimite!!!!

Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:15 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Everybody, please don't buy Vegimite!!!!

.....or 'Bananas in Pyjamas' videos or anything else Australian!

The exchange rate is at it's lowest ever, currently at $2.3592, the lowest recorded for YEARS!

http://www.moneycorp.co.uk/pages/charts_app.html
(Select 'Instruments', then 'GBP/AUD'

As our pound is being de-valued, we need to do something about it! Don't buy Aussie!

Please!!

Last edited by SteveBannister; Nov 6th 2003 at 11:28 am.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:28 am
tennisoz

Default Re: Everybody, please don't buy Vegimite!!!!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
.....or 'Bananas in Pyjamas' videos or anything else Australian!

The exchange rate is at it's lowest ever, currently at $2.3592, the lowest recorded for YEARS!

As our pound is being de-valued, we need to do something about it! Don't buy Aussie!

Please!!
Alternatively Steve you could encourage those in Australia to buy more Branston Pickles, Marmite and the other things they crave for on this forum

I am being truthful when I say that I had Vegemite on my toast this morning and washed my hair with Thursday Plantation Tea Tree shampoo so I do apologise. And then there's the Tim Tams from Tesco in the cupboard (but I didn't get the Sakata rice crackers) Sorry if I've forced the ER down from the heady days of $3.02 we got once And then there's all those Aussie footballers in the UK (but I won't mention how we beat 22 Englishmen at their own game once!)

TennisOz

http://www.vegemite.com.au/
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~macinnis/vegemite.htm
http://www.zip.com.au/~elanora/vegemite.html
http://members.tripod.com/~Greggles/mainpage.htm

Enjoy your Vegemite milkshakes folks

Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:32 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by tennisoz
I am being truthful when I say that I had Vegemite on my toast this morning and washed my hair with Thursday Plantation Tea Tree shampoo so I do apologise. And then there's the Tim Tams from Tesco in the cupboard (but I didn't get the Sakata rice crackers) Sorry if I've forced the ER down from the heady days of $3.02 we got once
You're not helping at all, are you!

We'll have plenty of chance to buy Aussie when we get there! Buy British!, Buy British!, Buy British!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry the exchange rate is all my fault as I just had vegemite on toast for my dinner. YUM YUM YUM
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:38 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by claireg3
Sorry the exchange rate is all my fault as I just had vegemite on toast for my dinner. YUM YUM YUM
That's it, I'm having you barred! There is a matter of economics at stake here, and you, Claire, are bringing the country to it's knees! You and your vegimite! Go and buy some fish and chips instead, you traitor!

"And did those feet, in ancient times......."
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:45 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Our Pound"

"our pound"

Had to chuckle when I read that. Been here 2 &1/2 months and already feel "our dollar - ish"
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:48 am
I Know What's Going On!

Default Re: "Our Pound"

Originally posted by Pookin
Had to chuckle when I read that. Been here 2 &1/2 months and already feel "our dollar - ish"
Don't watse your time replying to silly threads like this, go out and buy some HP Sauce or some Branston Pickle and do your bit for the rest of us! Where's your loyalty?

Steve
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, but I might go buy some Vegemite instead
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:55 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Our Pound"

Don't watse your time replying to silly threads like this, go out and buy some HP Sauce or some Branston Pickle and do your bit for the rest of us! Where's your loyalty?

Steve
Attached Images  
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi steve,Buy all the british you like,spend loads,the uk gov then may do what we all praying for a weaker dollar need!Higher uk interest rates ouch,sorry you folk still with uk morgages.Hey steve,been here 6 weeks and still cant help converting to pounds while buying anything over 5 bucks.Will e-mail you tommorrow.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:57 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Sorry Steve, i feel partially responsible

Been drinking wayyyy to much Australian wine of late.

2.3 BLIMEY ! Going right down the pan. (as did the aussie wine )