Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:00 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of
Default Re: Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Yes Graham and Maria.

they weren't too happy with that one.
that incident happened while airbus were testing it, it was the day before delivery.

Scratch one A340 before its taken a single passenger
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:14 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria
The catch:
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone used them a while back and there have been a couple of threads about them (went slightly off topic but I think they came out well.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:13 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Are they much cheaper in comparison to the others?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 3:10 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Not since that trial...
Old Dec 31st 2007, 4:12 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria
The catch:
It is a funny picture. It is actually a plane Airbus had been running final tests on before final delivery. It wasn't under control of Etihad at that point. Big egg on the face of Airbus.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 4:14 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by IvanM
It is a funny picture. It is actually a plane Airbus had been running final tests on before final delivery. It wasn't under control of Etihad at that point. Big egg on the face of Airbus.
I've read alot of dodgy things about Airbuses and some of them on this site through people in the know, so I am going to try to steer clear of them if at all possible.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I've read alot of dodgy things about Airbuses and some of them on this site through people in the know, so I am going to try to steer clear of them if at all possible.
To be honest there is no real difference with Airbus and Boeing in terms of performance, each have skeletons in the cupboard that they wish not to be made public.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 4:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I think if Airbuses were that dodgy there'd be a lot of airlines in trouble! Their performance is as good as Boeing.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:34 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
To be honest there is no real difference with Airbus and Boeing in terms of performance, each have skeletons in the cupboard that they wish not to be made public.
Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think if Airbuses were that dodgy there'd be a lot of airlines in trouble! Their performance is as good as Boeing.
Well I'm only going by what someone in the RAAF told us and by what a couple of people who work on them have said, I wouldn't know the first thing about them other than they fly.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Emirates are losing the plot with there service being nowhere near as good as when I first flew with them in 2002. The staff used to be superb, Not they are getting like BA and QANTAS, My last flight I was in buisness class and the service they gave me would not of been acceptable in Economy!!!
I really used to rate them!!!!
Very angry Gary
My wife flew to London with Emirates on Saturday and she says they were good although the plane was full - not one spare seat. It took over an hour to check in though - looked like they were short-staffed.

Top tip - do online check-in if you can. The queue for that was short.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Pipmoss is an unknown quantity at this point

we flew out on the 8th dec and they were very good for what they cost and we were very happy with them. 8/10 is what we would scoe them.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:50 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Pipmoss
we flew out on the 8th dec and they were very good for what they cost and we were very happy with them. 8/10 is what we would scoe them.
Would you mind tellling how much you paid and what the change over wait time was?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:10 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Ethihad are based in middle east, I'm sure its Doha.
I did not complains but got handed a form to see how my experiance was, I said in the form about it not being good don't expect anything back from them they don't care now.
Gary
Ethihad are based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and is the national airline. Never used them but have had good reports from friends who have. as you say - they are relatively new to the business so are pulling out all the stops to win peole over.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:32 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

Been quoted under $6000 for 2 adults 1 child for June, Brisbane to Manchester C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.