Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:06 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Are they any good and how do they compare to the more popular ones like Singapore, Emirates or Maylaysian?? C x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:08 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Fly Malaysian. Better economy leg room and no tangible difference between them and Singapore in terms of food or service.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:11 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Fly Malaysian. Better economy leg room and no tangible difference between them and Singapore in terms of food or service.
We've flown with both Singapore and Maylasian but when we enquired at travel agents about return trip they could'nt praise Etihad enough, just wondered what the catch could be? C x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:53 am
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

I haven't travelled with Etihad yet, but they are fresh into the Australian market, so they are pushing themselves quite hard within the industry.
kind of like how Emirates were back in the late '90s

You will find their pricing is very keen.
but i haven't had the pleasure YET..
BTW the number of mixed reviews i am hearing of Emirates recently has caused me to rethink my position on them.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:22 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by derab
I haven't travelled with Etihad yet, but they are fresh into the Australian market, so they are pushing themselves quite hard within the industry.
kind of like how Emirates were back in the late '90s

You will find their pricing is very keen.
but i haven't had the pleasure YET..
BTW the number of mixed reviews i am hearing of Emirates recently has caused me to rethink my position on them.
Emirates are losing the plot with there service being nowhere near as good as when I first flew with them in 2002. The staff used to be superb, Not they are getting like BA and QANTAS, My last flight I was in buisness class and the service they gave me would not of been acceptable in Economy!!!
I really used to rate them!!!!
Very angry Gary
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:25 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Emirates are losing the plot with there service being nowhere near as good as when I first flew with them in 2002. The staff used to be superb, Not they are getting like BA and QANTAS, My last flight I was in buisness class and the service they gave me would not of been acceptable in Economy!!!
I really used to rate them!!!!
Very angry Gary
Where are Etihad based and did you complain about the service, or lack of with Emirates?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:27 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Where are Etihad based and did you complain about the service, or lack of with Emirates?
Ethihad are based in middle east, I'm sure its Doha.
I did not complains but got handed a form to see how my experiance was, I said in the form about it not being good don't expect anything back from them they don't care now.
Gary
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:29 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I flew economy with Etihad from London to Sydney 6 weeks ago. Their service is no better or worse than any other airline i have flown with including BA,Qantas, Virgin, Singapore and Malaysian airlines. Staff seemed a bit inexperienced but not substandard.
I did walk through business class area on the plane and really wasnt impressed with the seating. Looked very cramped and plastic.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Ethiad are based in Adu Dhabi, they are an up and coming airline and are putting a lot of time and effort into their service, they have been getting excellent reviews and some awards, beating Emirates who are fast tracking too quick and struggling with the service aspect of the requirement.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:30 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I did not complains but got handed a form to see how my experiance was, I said in the form about it not being good don't expect anything back from them they don't care now.
Gary
You should have complained in writing. We got a voucher for £500 when we experienced bad service from SAA.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:31 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Ethiad are based in Adu Dhabi, they are an up and coming airline and are putting a lot of time and effort into their service, they have been getting excellent reviews and some awards, beating Emirates who are fast tracking too quick and struggling with the service aspect of the requirement.
Ah thanks sexy lips...
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Gary
They are based in Abu Dhabi and are the official airline for the United Arab Emirates
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

Etihad are based in Abu Dhabi (AUH)

they are the state owned UAE airline (Emirates is privately owned and based in Dubai)
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:32 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
They are based in Abu Dhabi and are the official airline for the United Arab Emirates
Thanks Flea.

Originally Posted by derab
Etihad are based in Abu Dhabi (AUH)

they are the state owned UAE airline (Emirates is privately owned and based in Dubai)
Thanks derab.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiels
We've flown with both Singapore and Maylasian but when we enquired at travel agents about return trip they could'nt praise Etihad enough, just wondered what the catch could be? C x

The catch:
Attached Thumbnails Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??-1293784.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.