Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Estate Agentsjjjjjjj

Estate Agentsjjjjjjj

Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estate Agentsjjjjjjj

Just faxed my agents. then followed up with a phone call to cancel my contract with them to sell my house.

Okay then they said!!!

Didnt seem in the slightest bit bothered that they were looking at losing 2k commission!!!!!

Didnt even wanna no the reasons why.

Christ Im sure glad I dont own that business!!!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate Agentsjjjjjjj

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Just faxed my agents. then followed up with a phone call to cancel my contract with them to sell my house.

Okay then they said!!!

Didnt seem in the slightest bit bothered that they were looking at losing 2k commission!!!!!

Didnt even wanna no the reasons why.

Christ Im sure glad I dont own that business!!!

Nice to know they care! Who are they, then everyone up your way can avoid them.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Stevens, North End, Portsmouth.

Been on since 01/05/04. Have been told that 2 bedders are selling within hours. A number of work colleagues have recently bought after locating a 2 bedder via rightmove.

When I asked Stevens why their site is out of date, am advised that is being updated.
Does it really take that long, as our house has never been featured on it at all.
Actually thinking about it I am bloody livid, and am gonna ring the branch manager later and complain!!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

So you should - there's no excuse. When have recently sold and our house was on the website within half an hour!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:47 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I've spoken to a couple of people who have cancelled their contracts with estate agents when their contracts run out.....usually for the same reason....agents basically not doing their job and they've all told me the same thing.
Estate agents just don't give a damn....its the same easy come easy go flippant attitude.
They do their damnest (sp?) to get you to sign on the dotted line.....they will tell you ANYTHING....'yes mrs p blah blah blah oh yes the sky really is purple today......'
But as soon as you sign they know they have you for x amount of weeks and that your house will 'probably' (i say that very loosely ) sell in that time without much effort from them, but if it doesn't they know someone else will be along soon and they have a 'what the hell, who cares?' sort of attitude. They are soooo unprofessional it makes my blood boil

Go for it Sandra.....give 'em hell!

I've taken to phoning mine on a daily basis now.....it's the 'I'm going to be the stone in your shoe until you sell my house attitude'
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Read the small print on the contract.
With some you may find a clause which states they are entitled to a percentage if you sell the house within a fixed period. That is often why they don't bother.
This clause was brought in to prevent vendors doing secret deals with buyers who found the house through the agent.

May not apply to you but it may mean you have to pay them when you sell anyway.

G
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:02 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Agree with all the above.....but then what should we expect cos Agents don't need qualifications to sell the most expensive thing you are likely to own

Strange.....if someone pulled away from your business you'd want to at least ring up and find out why? or where improvements need to be made? [if any].

Estate agents don't seem to want to know.....or care......must be nice to make so much dosh that it hardly matters

As for Estate agents being regulated......well....you can ring the Association of Estate Agents .......but unless the Agent has paid to join them i.e self regulated / self registered.......then they can't / wont approach the agent. You will be advised to think very carefully about any complaints too!!! [Ummmm I wonder why eh]

Now tell me....am I daft.....why would an Estate Agent subscribe to a Association of Estate Agents......only for the Association to "tell em off" ?? Anyway...the repercussions are not worth a fig cos they are not regulated

That's why they get away with blue murder!!!

That's why there are gross illegal scams going on between SOME agents & developers buying to rent out

And the government........they had a chance to regulate these cowboys this year.....and they blew it / didn't bother.

I wonder why

Ok........just fallen off soap box.....will stop ranting now

Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

I Know how you feel, i just cancelled my contract with agent its been on the market for 8 weeks and had one viewer( who was time waster and had been to all the local property's on the area)

when we went in to cancell they to said ok, and asked no questions as to why!!

signed with new agent on Friday and got a call last night and have got a viewer tonight at 6.30 so finger crossed it goes ok, just got a lot of cleaning to do now!!!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Taylorbrook is an unknown quantity at this point

On the other hand, we've had two buyers pull out, one because she couldn't be bothered (really! - after getting the searches back her solicitor had no instructions from her after a month, to the extent that even they were suggesting that we remarket the property!) so that's put us back two months. The second one offered last Thursday, was effusive on Friday and threw a screaming mimi act Saturday and pulled out - apparently it was the eighth house she'd offered and done the same thing to.

Our estate agent was furious at both of them, and already has two more buyers lined up. For the first one it was 'but you're going to Australia - she knows that!' and we had to request that they stop phoning her three times a day. Turns out she was 'too busy' - well don't go round buying houses then!!

We don't think we'll sell in time, so we're really going to be up the proverbial creek. But it certainly isn't down to Estate agents, just insane divorcee women.

S.