Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

estate agent next door

estate agent next door

Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:20 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default estate agent next door

Just when you think its going to well to be true, had the estate agents around today, only to find next doors already had then out within the last 2 weeks. We really wanted a quick sale and if next door goes on the market as well it will slow things up. Why do these things happen?
Jenny
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: estate agent next door

Originally posted by jensteve
Just when you think its going to well to be true, had the estate agents around today, only to find next doors already had then out within the last 2 weeks. We really wanted a quick sale and if next door goes on the market as well it will slow things up. Why do these things happen?
Jenny
Hi Jenny
know just how you feel! i work for an estate agents (just the secretary!), and our next door neighbours have gone on with us and two doors up have too! trouble is i didn't want to sell through us but now it would look odd if i didn't!
best laid plans and all that....
good luck with your sell
rach
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:47 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Jenny
know just how you feel! i work for an estate agents (just the secretary!), and our next door neighbours have gone on with us and two doors up have too! trouble is i didn't want to sell through us but now it would look odd if i didn't!
best laid plans and all that....
good luck with your sell
rach
Hi Rach
I legged it round next door and in midst conversation I said we where going on the market, hoping that it puts them off until we have gone. They didn't say a dickie bird about the agents looking at theirs. It always looks odd when a couple of houses together are up for sale.
Why don't you want to sell through your works, surely you would get a cracking deal, I've got them down to 1% +vat that is ok.
Jenny
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Rach
I legged it round next door and in midst conversation I said we where going on the market, hoping that it puts them off until we have gone. They didn't say a dickie bird about the agents looking at theirs. It always looks odd when a couple of houses together are up for sale.
Why don't you want to sell through your works, surely you would get a cracking deal, I've got them down to 1% +vat that is ok.
Jenny
Hi Jenny
bummer isn't it? like you said 'viewers may be put off because more than one house is for sale'!
Thats a great deal you have, we charge 2% as a min with vat on top! i would get an ok deal £500 + vat but not sure i think we're good enough to sell it and see it through to completion! not sure yet, may change my mind and do a short contract of 4 weeks. One piece of advice i would give you is to tell your agent not to tell viewers that you are emigrating, if they know they will offer low as they'll know your'e desperate!
best wishes with it all
rach x
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Jenny

Go on the market very slightly cheaper, unless of course yours is much, much nicer.
Put your self in the buyers shoes, baring in mind there is no chain in front of you!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

hiya
i wouldnt worry to much about it. theres a house up for sale a couple of doors up from us...people will view both houses if they want to live in that area. just give them the big sell. we actually put ours up for 5000 more than theirs just to be cheeky. both houses had offers within a week of each other. plus we got our asking price even though we would have accepted the 5000 less!!!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:03 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do these things happen?
Jenny
It is in the script.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:10 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Jenny
Oh don't waste a minute worrying about this! We put ours on just before Christmas and there were 3 the same in close proximity on the estate that had been on for 9 months - thats why we put it on early. We are exchanging contracts anyday now - they are still for sale. They are all the same price too. It's healthy competition especially if they get a couple of buyers interested in one they will probably go for the other!

Good Luck