Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

estate agent - Brisbane

estate agent - Brisbane

Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice
Default estate agent - Brisbane

I hate to ask.................
but does anyone have any contact or in the business themselves - We are coming to Brisbane in the next 2 weeks (for weekend)and want to view a few properties - so far the agents I've contact aren't very (word i'm looking for) respondant.

we are looking at Sherwood, Corinda, Indoorpilly and maybe Morningside.

Please PM me if you have any good contacts.

Thanks

Poitin
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:57 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: estate agent - Brisbane

Originally Posted by Poitin
but does anyone have any contact or in the business themselves - We are coming to Brisbane in the next 2 weeks (for weekend)and want to view a few properties - so far the agents I've contact aren't very (word i'm looking for) respondant.

Thanks

Poitin
you could ask them what open houses they have at the weekend in question - usually they have a lot and open hoiuse for 45 minutes means anyone can wander through, its like a big group house viewing, you wander through on your own
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

nailbite is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Poitin
Look at realestate.com.au - pick the suburbs you would like to buy in and then check out all the "open houses" in those areas. You can then just wander around like anyone else no need to go through an agent. Houses are usually only open for inspection for about an hour per day both Sat and Sun. If you plan it really well you could manage quite a few over a weekend.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Poitin
We saw rather a lot of properties in many different suburbs in Brisbane over the past 6 weeks. The majority of the open houses we saw were for a maximum of 15 min But this does mean you can fit a lot in! We found that few responded to e-mails and were better when you phoned - not that that will help you where you are. Mind you, in our experience, if you are organising to see properties in 2 weeks time - the better ones are very likely to have gone by the time you arrive. Many agents just won't bother replying if you are looking that far in advance. Also, most of the open days are advertised on realestate.com.au and domain and while the agents like to take your details, many people just turned up and this never seemed to be an issue.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Poitin's looking for a rental so needs rental agents. The Nick Team managed our place for us and they probably cover the Morningside area too, they're website is http://www.thenickteam.com/.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Thanks everyone

Yes we have decided to rent for the time being.

I'll let you know how we get on.

We are only heading up for a weekend and trying to fit in as much as we can - we move up early sept and may have to leave the search until then.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:27 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kim67
I think Poitin's looking for a rental so needs rental agents. The Nick Team managed our place for us and they probably cover the Morningside area too, they're website is http://www.thenickteam.com/.
I assumed this was the case - my posts were written with that in mind - as that is what we are doing.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:36 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Sherwood - and I love it! Please feel free to ask any questions if you have any.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

thanks Tk

I feel a litter better than we sorted out an area or target - as last week we were all over the place - now we can focus.

we now heard our container has/wll arrive in the next couple of days - we were told end of the month - so we have to sort that out.

maybe its all a good thing - I think the kids need to get up there to try and make some friends and I need to get them into school

cheers all.