Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From Essex to Brisbane - Recommend Removalists

From Essex to Brisbane - Recommend Removalists

Old Jul 8th 2012, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default From Essex to Brisbane - Recommend Removalists

Hello, I did a search but they were realy old threads so............ my parents should finally be moving over by the end of the year.

I can't even remember who we used to move us it was that long ago, think it may have been Crown but anyway, can anyone recommend a good removalist which they have used fairly recently.

Parents are now bombarding me with questions and half of the stuff they ask we did such a long time ago now that I am constantly looking at old threads just to check things out.

Any advice regarding removalists would be really appreciated.

So excited by them finally moving over, feel like I am jinxing it by posting this.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough
Default Re: From Essex to Brisbane - Recommend Removalists

Hiya, we used Doree Bonner about 4 yrs ago, they was quite a popular removalist back then.

Anne marie x
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

KingsthorpeDavid will become famous soon enough

Pickfords have a depot in Toowoomba.
We did not use them but got ripped off by our shipping agent removalist called something Van Lines. (this was in 1981) Southern Cross?
We were quoted a "door to door" price for the shipping container contents Bristol/Brisbane.
After we heard the container had arrived in Brisbane and being in rented accommodation in Toowoomba we asked for some essentials items like a clothes drier to be sent up to us. They arrived no problem, cost free in a small van.
Then we had a house built and called up for the balance of the container to be delivered. The truck arrived and carefully did not cross our property boundary, the driver handed as an invoice for a big amount to be paid in cash up front or Bank Cheque before the men would start unloading. This was the SECOND delivery and not covered by the agreement. The "door to door" only applied to the few items that were delivered in a small van. Unfortunately the truck had to hang around while I went into town to get a Bank Cheque.
Lives and learns etc.

Last edited by KingsthorpeDavid; Jul 9th 2012 at 8:58 am.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by macy
Hello, I did a search but they were realy old threads so............ my parents should finally be moving over by the end of the year.

I can't even remember who we used to move us it was that long ago, think it may have been Crown but anyway, can anyone recommend a good removalist which they have used fairly recently.

Parents are now bombarding me with questions and half of the stuff they ask we did such a long time ago now that I am constantly looking at old threads just to check things out.

Any advice regarding removalists would be really appreciated.

So excited by them finally moving over, feel like I am jinxing it by posting this.
Definitely don't recommend Doree Bonner. We moved from Essex so am sure you'd have the same area looking after you. Couldn't fault the packers, they were great. Have no confidence in the admin team who managed the move, ended up costing us load more money. Grace who managed the move this end were terrible as well.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kronk
Definitely don't recommend Doree Bonner. We moved from Essex so am sure you'd have the same area looking after you. Couldn't fault the packers, they were great. Have no confidence in the admin team who managed the move, ended up costing us load more money. Grace who managed the move this end were terrible as well.
Thanks for the replies, I will look into it further and take your comments on board.