Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ens Subclass 121 Visa Help Required Plse!!

Ens Subclass 121 Visa Help Required Plse!!

Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Blueracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ens Subclass 121 Visa Help Required Plse!!

Hi all, this is my first posting so apologies if this goes on a bit, but here goes.... I have a job offer in Perth and am currently going through the visa process now that my prospective employer has submitted their Form 785 to the business centre.

I have received a positive ENS assessment from VETASSESS for my occupation .I am confused... I thought that there was a distinct difference between a "Skills Assessment" & a "Qualification Assessment".

Maybe its me but there seems to be contradictory info on the Application Form 47ES. It is noted "if you have not been working in OZ for last 2 yrs then must complete qualification assessment". Great this is my VETASSESS positive assessment.

Further on in the Application Page 19 to be exact it asks which option am I applying on. Here Instead of qualification assessment there is mention of a positive skills assessment. It suggests details of assessment authorities are available on form 1121i.

I can clearly identify my occupation and VETASSESS as the "Assessing Authority" and a "Y" UNDER ENSOL, but when I asked VETASSESS is the positive assessment received both skills & qualifications they tell me they only assess qualifications!.

My worry is that there is another Assessing Authority I need to contact for my "Skills Assessment" but I cannot find any others on Form 1121i . Just for the record my occupation is "Building Associate".

I would be very grateful for any help/feedback on this one.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ens Subclass 121 Visa Help Required Plse!!

Originally Posted by Blueracer
Hi all, this is my first posting so apologies if this goes on a bit, but here goes.... I have a job offer in Perth and am currently going through the visa process now that my prospective employer has submitted their Form 785 to the business centre.

I have received a positive ENS assessment from VETASSESS for my occupation .I am confused... I thought that there was a distinct difference between a "Skills Assessment" & a "Qualification Assessment".

Maybe its me but there seems to be contradictory info on the Application Form 47ES. It is noted "if you have not been working in OZ for last 2 yrs then must complete qualification assessment". Great this is my VETASSESS positive assessment.

Further on in the Application Page 19 to be exact it asks which option am I applying on. Here Instead of qualification assessment there is mention of a positive skills assessment. It suggests details of assessment authorities are available on form 1121i.

I can clearly identify my occupation and VETASSESS as the "Assessing Authority" and a "Y" UNDER ENSOL, but when I asked VETASSESS is the positive assessment received both skills & qualifications they tell me they only assess qualifications!.

My worry is that there is another Assessing Authority I need to contact for my "Skills Assessment" but I cannot find any others on Form 1121i . Just for the record my occupation is "Building Associate".

I would be very grateful for any help/feedback on this one.
Sorry you've not had any response. Praps if you post it on the Immigration forum - it may be better. Also do you have an agent that can help you with this. We are on an ENS 121 also but our trade was assessed by TRA so it's different. Sorry can't be any more help.

L-j
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Blueracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ens Subclass 121 Visa Help Required Plse!!

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Sorry you've not had any response. Praps if you post it on the Immigration forum - it may be better. Also do you have an agent that can help you with this. We are on an ENS 121 also but our trade was assessed by TRA so it's different. Sorry can't be any more help.

L-j
Thank you for that I will try and post on that forum