Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

been in perth 2 weeks now still dont know where to live!!!

been in perth 2 weeks now still dont know where to live!!!

Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:31 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default been in perth 2 weeks now still dont know where to live!!!

Hi all,

Well, weve been in perth 2 1/2 weeks now and loving it. so far hubby and daughter got a jobs and my daughter and I have both bought cheap run around cars. hubby landrover is on its way in our container.

Were staying in Leeming for another week and half, and still havent decided where to move to!!!!!!!!!!! need to rent for about 3 months whislt we find a house for about $320.000. would like to rent in the same area as we will buy if possible, so dont have to keep changing daughters school but still dont know where to live!!!

We have been as far down as port kennedy, wasnt really for us, and as far up as Clarkson, which we like but love freo, and Clarkson seems to be a bit to far out!!!!!!!!! go what shall I do????? dont want to be too far from a nice beach but cant afford to live 5 mins walk away. any ideas much appreciate, im getting desparate now as looking for a rental at the weekend. Made a nice friend in Rockingham but hubbys not sure on the area, hes working in Cannington by the way.

Thanks in advance
Dawn xxx
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:05 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all
Default Re: been in perth 2 weeks now still dont know where to live!!!

Hi Dawn,

On the few occasions that I've commuted from Kinross to South of the River traffic's been a hassle. Only if you leave before 6:30 am do you get a reasonably congestion free run down the Mitchell/Reid Highway. After this you're looking at well over an hour's drive. (Add another 10 mins for Clarkson).I'd therefore say if hubby's job is long term, stay south of the river, but I don't know a lot about the suburbs/beaches down there.

Brian
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:15 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Ahh thanks Brian

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

Well, weve been in perth 2 1/2 weeks now and loving it. so far hubby and daughter got a jobs and my daughter and I have both bought cheap run around cars. hubby landrover is on its way in our container.

Were staying in Leeming for another week and half, and still havent decided where to move to!!!!!!!!!!! need to rent for about 3 months whislt we find a house for about $320.000. would like to rent in the same area as we will buy if possible, so dont have to keep changing daughters school but still dont know where to live!!!

We have been as far down as port kennedy, wasnt really for us, and as far up as Clarkson, which we like but love freo, and Clarkson seems to be a bit to far out!!!!!!!!! go what shall I do????? dont want to be too far from a nice beach but cant afford to live 5 mins walk away. any ideas much appreciate, im getting desparate now as looking for a rental at the weekend. Made a nice friend in Rockingham but hubbys not sure on the area, hes working in Cannington by the way.

Thanks in advance
Dawn xxx
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:47 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

We have been as far down as port kennedy, wasnt really for us, and as far up as Clarkson, which we like but love freo, and Clarkson seems to be a bit to far out!!!!!!!!! go what shall I do????? dont want to be too far from a nice beach but cant afford to live 5 mins walk away. any ideas much appreciate,Hi im getting desparate now as looking for a rental at the weekend. Made a nice friend in Rockingham but hubbys not sure on the area, hes working in Cannington by the way.

Thanks in advance
Dawn xxx
Hi Dawn, we are in shoalwater and have been in Rockingham for 15 years. our only advice would be you either live where the work is and commute to the beach and for your leisure of you live the lifestyle and commute to the work..If you are looking down here in Rockingham, I can advise you on the best areas, 320,000 can still buy nice homes in Safety Bay and Waikiki. Just also remember the train will be up and running next year which will increase prices further. Suzette.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

We are hoping to move to the Mandurah area when we finally get our visas. Its lovely down there and in my humble opinion worth looking at. The train will be in soon and make it more commutable.
If you like Freo that much what about considering Hamilton Hill, White Gum Valley, Hilton, or Coogee (you will get more for your money and still be close to the beach and commutable.) Our friends live in Freo (a couple of streets from the Capaccino strip) and a they bought last year (just affordable). A house sold in their street recently for $850,000 which is an increase of about $250.000 in a year!!

Good luck and happy house hunting.

Watty'n'Arls