Reload this Page >

ENS PR Visa & General Q's

ENS PR Visa & General Q's

Old May 4th 2005, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Kev. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENS PR Visa & General Q's

First off, this is my first post on here so be gentle....lol

Ok a bit of background information about me, i work as an electrical cable jointer in the UK and i'm in the process of 'applying to move' to Brisbane. I applied for a position at Energex and have had numerous interviews over the phone and they finally came to Manchester last week for face to face interviews (they need a LOT of cable Jointers so came to the UK to interview 150 applicants).

Anyway, to cut a long story short they have offered me a position and sponsorship via the ENS for a PR visa. I have got to pass a medical for the job first and after that they will start sorting the visa and lodge the sponsorship nomination etc. I just wanted some information before hand, so i don't look stupid when the time comes to start the paperwork!

Now for the questions:

Because they have got so many applicants, do i have to have a skills assessment or have a TRA?

When we had the interview, i gave them copies of all of my documents (Birth Certificate, city&guilds certificates, training records, job authorisations etc) These were NOT certified so i'm guessing that they aren't going to be used for the visa etc so will i have to get another set of copies and have them certified?

How long does a PR Visa normally take to complete? The guy who interviewed me seemed to think it would be approved nearly instantly as they need the staff for the Oz summer? Is this correct, i.e. can certain company's get Visa's fast-tracked?

Have any of you moved to Oz on your own? I'll be moving with a work colleage (we've known each other since the start of our apprenticeship), i'm currently 22 and he's 23.

Thanks for reading my thread and i'm sure i'll be on here for more help soon as you all seem friendly enough

Kev.
Old May 4th 2005, 6:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENS PR Visa & General Q's

Hi Kev, welcome to the forum.

You're more likely to get a response for this kind of question on the Oz / NZ Immigration Forum.
Old May 4th 2005, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Kev. is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: ENS PR Visa & General Q's

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hi Kev, welcome to the forum.

You're more likely to get a response for this kind of question on the Oz / NZ Immigration Forum.
Thanks for that, to be honest i hadn't realised there was another forum as i'd found this via a quick search on Google and not explored around! I've only read this 'Australia' part of the 'Lifestyle & Culture'. I'm glad you've posted that as i'm now reading a lot more on what i actually require at the moment, and i bet my questions have been asked a million times!

I'll re-post this is the Immigration forum.

Thanks again
Kev.
Old May 4th 2005, 7:45 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENS PR Visa & General Q's

Originally Posted by Kev.
Thanks for that, to be honest i hadn't realised there was another forum as i'd found this via a quick search on Google and not explored around! I've only read this 'Australia' part of the 'Lifestyle & Culture'. I'm glad you've posted that as i'm now reading a lot more on what i actually require at the moment, and i bet my questions have been asked a million times!
Most questions have been asked several times over but of course everyone has their own slant! Try a search if you have specific questions - the search button is in the top right.

This forum and the immi one are very useful places, lots of helpful people here willing to offer you the wealth of their knowledge