Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Enrolling at a TAFE?

Enrolling at a TAFE?

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road
Default Enrolling at a TAFE?

Hi, I'm due to arrive in Brisbane 27th October and I've found a course that I want to do at a Brisbane TAFE. Question is, how do I enrol from the UK? I need to enrol by 30th Sept and the course starts in Feb. Anyone ever done it or know the best way? Do they need things such as TFN, Australian address etc etc?

TIA

Mike.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:25 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enrolling at a TAFE?

Originally Posted by The Hun
Hi, I'm due to arrive in Brisbane 27th October and I've found a course that I want to do at a Brisbane TAFE. Question is, how do I enrol from the UK? I need to enrol by 30th Sept and the course starts in Feb. Anyone ever done it or know the best way? Do they need things such as TFN, Australian address etc etc?

TIA

Mike.
try
http://bn.tafe.qld.gov.au/
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
Been there, and many other Brisbane TAFE websites and emailed them, no reply, thought I'd ask here 1st before ringing next week.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice

Been there, and many other Brisbane TAFE websites and emailed them, no reply, thought I'd ask here 1st before ringing next week.

Because of the time of year, they may be quite busy but still you should have received a reply. Email again. I like to use 'anyone there?' in the subject line. Then follow up with a phone call.

Gayle
Old Sep 25th 2005, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

TIA

Mike.
If you apply from overseas your application will be treated as an overseas $$$$tudent.

Full time applications have to go thru QTAC www.qtac.edu.au

If it is a part-time course, enrolments can be at the end or beginnig of the year depending on course and College enrolment procedure.

WW
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived in January and just turned up at the customer service desk and ebrolled our daughter in a course that started the following week. They seem to keep a few places for late applicants, so we didn't have to go through QTAC.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Redrum is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA

Mike.
If you are applying for an international student visa, you will need to have enrolled and paid your 1st semester fees before you leave England. Most TAFEs have an international department and you need to contact them directly. Most full time course are around $8000.00 per year in my experience in Melbourne.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies to this thread,

I did get a response from both QTAC and Yeronga TAFE. I have applied through QTAC and also asked Yeronga to put me on a wait list, just need confirmation i'll be on the course now, fingers crossed.