Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

enquiry...when to send passports???

enquiry...when to send passports???

Old May 15th 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice
Default enquiry...when to send passports???

when you get the acceptance letter from DIMIA do you have to send passports straight away to get the visa stamp put in??

my passport needs updating and i was wondering wether to post it off or wait and go to Liverpool to get it in the day...

we have not had word yet but if it comes in the next week and i havent got my passport would i be panicking??

bev
Old May 15th 2005, 5:52 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice
Default Re: enquiry...when to send passports???

'Ey oop Bev.

I had a similar thing with mine. When we got confirmation it said on our letters that we could travel to Aus without the Visa in our passports (to get it put in when i arrive), but I realised i should probably get my passport renewed before I go as it runs out at the end of Jan 06.

All the paperwork you've filled in will have that old passport number on it, so if you do get a new one all the paperwork will have to be changed.

I decided to sort out my renewal when i get there in the end as i've still got a few months before I definitely need it renewed. (And finding it really, really hard to get an answer off of anybody becuase we've a bit of a useless company dealing with our migration matters).

Sorry, not much help there really, just sort of joining in....
Old May 15th 2005, 9:02 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
when you get the acceptance letter from DIMIA do you have to send passports straight away to get the visa stamp put in??

my passport needs updating and i was wondering wether to post it off or wait and go to Liverpool to get it in the day...

we have not had word yet but if it comes in the next week and i havent got my passport would i be panicking??

bev
Hi Bev,
Our grant letter said that we had to wait 5 days before sending passports to London.
I think it would definitely worth sending passports off now so that you can send certifed copy of new one to DIMIA so that they can issue visa with new number on it.
Sarah
Old May 15th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
When we got notification of our visas we were due to go away.....so we waited till we came back before sending them off, but we had to send ours to London, where do you have to send yours to??
By the way........we came to Brisbane in January, and lived in Gawthorpe near Ossett.
Amanda
Old May 15th 2005, 9:29 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
'Ey oop Bev.

I had a similar thing with mine. When we got confirmation it said on our letters that we could travel to Aus without the Visa in our passports (to get it put in when i arrive), but I realised i should probably get my passport renewed before I go as it runs out at the end of Jan 06.

All the paperwork you've filled in will have that old passport number on it, so if you do get a new one all the paperwork will have to be changed.

I decided to sort out my renewal when i get there in the end as i've still got a few months before I definitely need it renewed. (And finding it really, really hard to get an answer off of anybody becuase we've a bit of a useless company dealing with our migration matters).

Sorry, not much help there really, just sort of joining in....

I had just over 12 months left on my passport.....but had to renew it as all the kids were on it and I wanted them to have their own visas......

so i paid for a new 10 yr passport and was shocked that they honoured me a further 1 year....so its valid for 11 yrs..... worth checking in ure case...

by the way all of our paperwork had our old passport number on.......they do a change of circumstance form...... there were no delays

boomie
Old May 15th 2005, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Also bear in my mind if you renew them in Australia you have to do it through Canberra and its more expensive.
Old May 15th 2005, 9:46 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boomie

by the way all of our paperwork had our old passport number on.......they do a change of circumstance form...... there were no delays

boomie
Thanks for the info - but the problem is that I tried to get that form as soon as i could, but was just going round in circles and only ended up getting a half hearted "well, if your current passport is still valid, what are you worried about?" sort of answer! That was just a few weeks ago, and i knew i was travelling in less than a months time!

Sometimes I really wish we had've done the paperwork ourselves as the whole lot's taken far too long and we've been in the dark the whole time!

Thanks for warning me about the charge being more pollyana... If only I had've been more organised and renewed before the application went in! It's too late to do anything now :-(
I still blame the company that were organising our application though...
(It would've been a darn site easier to do if it weren't for them!)

Last edited by lel_smiff; May 15th 2005 at 9:47 pm. Reason: typo