Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

enjoying life here

Wikiposts

enjoying life here

Old Oct 6th 2003, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

lynn kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in hamersley about 12k north of the city, sorry I missed the night out was looking forward to meeting the gals with the sense of humour from this site. I have definately been through various stages, Honeymoon on arrival all exciting and new to us buying new furniture etc then as others have said reality sets in, you still have to cook clean go to work, kids to school etc.. and you wonder if you did the right thing moving as you feel quite lonely. I again have been lucky as a few people from the Isle of Man (where we moved from) have since emigrated so there are now some familair faces around me and also meting new friends from work, neighbours etc.

I still get Homesick after talking to siter, mom friends back home etc. butr after listening to them moaning about various things I know where I would rather be!

Good luck to all

Lynn
Old Oct 6th 2003, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by lynn kennedy
We live in hamersley about 12k north of the city, sorry I missed the night out was looking forward to meeting the gals with the sense of humour from this site. I have definately been through various stages, Honeymoon on arrival all exciting and new to us buying new furniture etc then as others have said reality sets in, you still have to cook clean go to work, kids to school etc.. and you wonder if you did the right thing moving as you feel quite lonely. I again have been lucky as a few people from the Isle of Man (where we moved from) have since emigrated so there are now some familair faces around me and also meting new friends from work, neighbours etc.

I still get Homesick after talking to siter, mom friends back home etc. butr after listening to them moaning about various things I know where I would rather be!

Good luck to all

Lynn
Well done Lynn... pleased to hear its going well. Having the right attitude also helps when dealing with a huge change like this. One of the things i have enjoyed most about moving so far away from England, is looking at ME. Reassessing how i see the world and deal with ups and downs.

I freely admit that i went through real bad patches when i first left UK. I was lonely, resentful, even felt really sorry for myself in making such a big mistake.
Now... if given the chance, i would do it all over again. I like myself a hell of a lot more these days. I am far more tolerant of other people and their needs too.
I needed a big kick up the arse, and boy did i get one!!!!

Thats why going from here to Adelaide will not be difficult for me. I've done the hard part.

Anyone who is prepared to change and adapt to their new environment will usually succeed...it is those who are hell bent on staying the same and expecting everyone to fit in with THEM that will have a big shock!