Reload this Page >

enjoying life here

Wikiposts

enjoying life here

Old Oct 5th 2003, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

lynn kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default enjoying life here

I know i will get shot down by the 'rose tinted glasses' brigade but just want to say have been in perth 16 months now have a decent job I like (only working 9.30-2.30) hubbby has plenty of work in the building trade, kids love school weather is getting lovely again (i know sunshine is not the be all and end all but it makes you feel good!) have just spent a brilliant weekend down in bunbury (seen lots of Dolphins! and still love to) Perth is not paradise and has its faults like everywhere but it is a beautiful city with so much to see & do and after a little homesickness we feel we have made the right move.

It may not be for all but just wanted to say some of us have obviously been luckier than others but someone has to be!! Perth is Great for me

Lynn
Old Oct 5th 2003, 5:34 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: enjoying life here

Originally posted by lynn kennedy
Perth is not paradise and has its faults like everywhere

Perth is paradise.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Lynn, good to hear from someone making it work. Determination and a bit of luck pay off in the end. This forum needs posts such as yours to balance things, also it gives hope to those that are struggling or having second thoughts.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 5:54 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

I know i will get shot down by the 'rose tinted glasses' brigade but just want to say have been in perth 16 months now have a decent job I like (only working 9.30-2.30) hubbby has plenty of work in the building trade, kids love school weather is getting lovely again (i know sunshine is not the be all and end all but it makes you feel good!) have just spent a brilliant weekend down in bunbury (seen lots of Dolphins! and still love to) Perth is not paradise and has its faults like everywhere but it is a beautiful city with so much to see & do and after a little homesickness we feel we have made the right move.

It may not be for all but just wanted to say some of us have obviously been luckier than others but someone has to be!! Perth is Great for me

Lynn
Nice one Lynn, I think people may expect too much too soon, we have moved a fair amount in the past within the uk and abroad, it usually takes at least a year to feel really comfortable with your new surrounding etc..., glad to hear you are happy.

Suz

very soon now
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:40 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great to hear, seeing as we will be in Perth in less than 6 weeks!!!!!
I cant wait, and I must say, no amount of negativity on this site has put me off in the least! Proably because I have learnt nothing new, and I expect it all, the bad and the good. Like Suz, we have travelled the UK quite a bit and have 'relocated' several times, just this time its a bit further away than usual! Really good to hear of someone having a good life in the place we are gonna be!

Out of curiosity, what job are you doing, and are there any vacancies????
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

Lynn
Hi Lynn,
We've been in Perth a mere 6 weeks and are loving it. it hasn't been the easiest of moves but so far it has all gone to plan. The kids aged 6 and 4 love school, hubby loves his job and I'm enjoying being a housewife for the first time ever! We've spent the last couple of weekends at the beach it's fantastic, the weather is just warming up nicely love it love it love it!! Where abouts are you we're in Ellenbrook. We'll be much happier when we get our shipment from England, hopefully sometime this week.

take care Janexxx
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynn

Thanks for your post Lynn.

Glad things are working out for you and your family.

footie chick
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:31 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see things are working out and that you are all happy. Let us know how things progress
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi All
we are loving it to a year down the year line after a few hiccups . Sadly didnt get to meet you lyn on the nite out , did you not go ?? Jane we are down the road to you in Hillarys , get in touch we will have coffee by the sea in the sun
Joanne xx
Old Oct 5th 2003, 9:09 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey - take the newly arrived bit off - you're well into it now!
Old Oct 5th 2003, 10:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased its working out for you Lynn- hope you cary on having fun!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Lynn
Hi Lynn
great post, long may you feel this way
best regards
rach & family
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fantastic another success story - you have cheered us all up with your positive post. I hope it continues to get better for you now Spring is arriving
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to read that you are loving your new life, and long may it continue.

Whisky
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Thats a great post and goes to show that you have to give it a while in your new country before saying whether it's a good or bad experience.
we've been in Auckland just over 2 years now and the first 4 weeks were fantastic, just like a honeymoon period. then reality struck and I spent the next 3 months wondering what the hell we'd done ( homesickness, lower pay,no friends etc.) then we kind of settled in, got used to our jobs,got a social life and now every things great - No regrets !
did you find you went through different stages before deciding you'd made the right decision ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.