English Test?

Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default English Test?

To quote part of an email I received this morning:

"Thank you for completing our assessment questionnaire, from your information you appear to be 10 points short of the pass mark for a SKILLED-INDEPENDENT (Subclass 175) visa which would allow you to live and work anywhere in Australia. You can make up these 10 points by unertaking an English test and achieving a score of 7 on each of the language components"

Can anyone tell me what this English test is? What does it involve? Do I,my wife and my 8 year old have to pass it?

Any examples of the types of questions?

Thanks for your time!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Test?

Originally Posted by seat151

"Thank you for completing our assessment questionnaire, from your information you appear to be 10 points short of the pass mark for a SKILLED-INDEPENDENT (Subclass 175) visa which would allow you to live and work anywhere in Australia. You can make up these 10 points by unertaking an English test and achieving a score of 7 on each of the language components"

Can anyone tell me what this English test is? What does it involve? Do I,my wife and my 8 year old have to pass it?

Thanks for your time!
That will be the IELTS test. I'm not sure of the specifics but if you post in the immigration forum one of the agents may be able to give you more info
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by seat151

Thanks for your time!
Are you UK citizen's? If you are then I think you qualify for these points automatically.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
Are you UK citizen's? If you are then I think you qualify for these points automatically.

It's all changing in September. You can get extra points by sitting an IELTS and scoring a certain amount on it.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's all changing in September. You can get extra points by sitting an IELTS and scoring a certain amount on it.
Moved to the immigration forum as suggested!