Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

English Mortgage Qualification. CeMap

English Mortgage Qualification. CeMap

Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default English Mortgage Qualification. CeMap

Hi does anyone know whether CeMap (Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Pratice) is recognised in Australia? It enables you to be a mortgage advisor in Uk but I was unsure whether they'd let me do it in Oz!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: English Mortgage Qualification. CeMap

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Hi does anyone know whether CeMap (Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Pratice) is recognised in Australia? It enables you to be a mortgage advisor in Uk but I was unsure whether they'd let me do it in Oz!!!

Hi Louise

I had been looking at doing my FPC's but going to leave that till I get to Brisbane and do the Australian equivalent. I would imagine that you would have to re sit the equivalent of your CeMap in Australia too as their various laws etc will be different. Might be worth your while giving one of the banks in Australia a phone to find out.

Debbie
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Hi Louise

Look on this website - www.kaplan.edu.au. - they do all the Ozzie financial services exams and you can study for them here in the UK and even take the exam here so that you are ready to go when you land. A lot of the entry level exams appear to be 'open book' too which is a big help!!

You will have to do the Ozzie equiv. of ce-map. I have asked this question myself previously. It does seem to be just the one exam whereas the FPC equiv. is four exams + another four if you want to go 'advanced' status.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Trev xx
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Louise

I had been looking at doing my FPC's but going to leave that till I get to Brisbane and do the Australian equivalent. I would imagine that you would have to re sit the equivalent of your CeMap in Australia too as their various laws etc will be different. Might be worth your while giving one of the banks in Australia a phone to find out.

Debbie
Hi Debbie

As per my reply to Louise... you may want to consider doing one or more of the Ozzie FPC type exams whilst you are here. If time is permitting of course!! I have done three myself and currently on the fourth and final one. They are time consuming.. a recommended 60 hours of study + an assignment for each exam which is all done before sitting an open book exam. Not suggesting they are hard... open book feels brilliant after doing UK exams where it all needs to be kept in your head!!! But even with open book you still need to have done your studying before you sit the exam - it just helps that you can read and check if you are not certain of the answer!!

If I can be of any further help let me know.

Trev xx
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TrickyTrev
Hi Debbie

As per my reply to Louise... you may want to consider doing one or more of the Ozzie FPC type exams whilst you are here. If time is permitting of course!! I have done three myself and currently on the fourth and final one. They are time consuming.. a recommended 60 hours of study + an assignment for each exam which is all done before sitting an open book exam. Not suggesting they are hard... open book feels brilliant after doing UK exams where it all needs to be kept in your head!!! But even with open book you still need to have done your studying before you sit the exam - it just helps that you can read and check if you are not certain of the answer!!

If I can be of any further help let me know.

Trev xx

Thanks for that Trev.