English Exam

Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future
Default English Exam

I am Appling for my Visa and have been advised I need to find my WIFE’S GCSE English exam certificate otherwise she might have to take an engiosh exam…

She was born in England and both parents are English…is my agent being over the top on this one ?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:33 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Exam

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
I am Appling for my Visa and have been advised I need to find my WIFE’S GCSE English exam certificate otherwise she might have to take an engiosh exam…

She was born in England and both parents are English…is my agent being over the top on this one ?
yep your agents going over the top
if you are english born and bred its not required
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

That’s a relief as the wife from Romford and she is bloody hard to understand :scared:
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

That’s a relief as the wife from Romford and she is bloody hard to understand :scared:
Hi my husband and I had to provide a certificate from any english speaking learning facility ie school, college. My husband provided a GCSE Georgraphy pass letter and I provided a certificate from the night course I attended for work.

They also had to be certified, it didn't have to necessarily be an English exam cert. We are also english with english parents (or does the Isle of Man count)!!!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think she has her cycling proficiency do you think that helps…
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:58 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
(or does the Isle of Man count)!!!
apparently not
must be the three legs that confuses them
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I think she has her cycling proficiency do you think that helps…
You could try and contact the school for copies of exam passes? It does sound that your agent is a bit OTT who is he?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manxfamily
You could try and contact the school for copies of exam passes? It does sound that your agent is a bit OTT who is he?

Global 9
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:15 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Query with your agent and point out she is a British born citizen with a first language of English with British parents.

I certainly didnt supply any such documents. It sounds as though they are "going through the global applicant checklist" to me.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Yes

Westly Russell
RMA 0316072
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

jagsy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Yorkshire man with a Geordie accent, no sign of english (hehehe) - it was confirmed I didn't need the test!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Madster is an unknown quantity at this point

I to have english parents and lived here until I was 4 but as I grew up in Sweden after that I will most likely need to sit an english test! Well so my agency reckons
Madster
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

mercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Madster
I to have english parents and lived here until I was 4 but as I grew up in Sweden after that I will most likely need to sit an english test! Well so my agency reckons
Madster
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I interviewed dozens of Asians with PR status for IT jobs in Australia and some of them could hardly speak any English. I conclude that the English test is either very easy or very easy to cheat at.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

gavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve`o
yep your agents going over the top
if you are english born and bred its not required
It's also not required if you're Scottish.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Our Agent required English Language quals for myself and Paul.
I had mine to hand, but to get round Paul's - we wrote to his high school and asked them to confirm He was a pupil (gave them years etc., - so they could check up!) and they wrote a "to whome it may concern letter" - detailing exams sat.

There are ways round it, if you can't get copy of exam certificate, as many examination boards no longer exist (well at our age they don't )