English cheques

Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default English cheques

Heard somewhere that i can bank an english cheque in and Anz account, anyone know if this is true?

Angela
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:57 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English cheques

Originally Posted by Cookster
Heard somewhere that i can bank an english cheque in and Anz account, anyone know if this is true?

Angela
I know the Commonwealth bank do - they charge $10
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Thanks I`ll nip in and check today.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookster

Angela
Yep, most Aussie banks will do it, charge you and then take up to six weeks for the funds to clear.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:29 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Any we have received (apart from one for 75p) we send to my parents to get them to bank them in an account we have kept open in UK.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Yep, most Aussie banks will do it, charge you and then take up to six weeks for the funds to clear.

All depends on the amount and ones association with the bank, My parents send over about 6 cheques per year, for B'days etc, typically they normally send about 400 quid. Over that amount and and the bank sends the cheque back to the UK to clear, hence the 6 weeks. On one occasion my parents sent over about 2,000 pounds in one xmas cheque, it was going to take 6 weeks to clear, so I cancelled, and got my father to send 5 x 400 pound cheques, which the bank happily cleared one day after another. 10 dollars per cheque sounds about right, it used to be 6.50 AuD.

I think they clear the small amounts for me, because I've a line of credit as my main bank account.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
All depends on the amount and ones association with the bank, My parents send over about 6 cheques per year, for B'days etc, typically they normally send about 400 quid. Over that amount and and the bank sends the cheque back to the UK to clear, hence the 6 weeks. On one occasion my parents sent over about 2,000 pounds in one xmas cheque, it was going to take 6 weeks to clear, so I cancelled, and got my father to send 5 x 400 pound cheques, which the bank happily cleared one day after another. 10 dollars per cheque sounds about right, it used to be 6.50 AuD.

I think they clear the small amounts for me, because I've a line of credit as my main bank account.
Ah-ha....thanks