England sucks??

Old Oct 18th 2005, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default England sucks??

I see many expat posters on here talking trash about the UK and in the next breath they say .....buying a house cash in OZ or putting 75% down on a house.....WTF.......you cash in after hitting the lottery on your UK property and then say it's a dump with no prospects........do you remember the feeling when you deposited that big fat check into your bank?.........well that was the UK that gave you the opportunity.....psb182 now taking cover in a bunker somewhere in the world
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:16 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England sucks??

Originally Posted by psb182
I see many expat posters on here talking trash about the UK and in the next breath they say .....buying a house cash in OZ or putting 75% down on a house.....WTF.......you cash in after hitting the lottery on your UK property and then say it's a dump with no prospects........do you remember the feeling when you deposited that big fat check into your bank?.........well that was the UK that gave you the opportunity.....psb182 now taking cover in a bunker somewhere in the world
I think everybody gets a bit fed up with day to day life at some point. Not evryone is leaving the UK because they hate it - we feel that we have reached a crossroads and it`s time to try something diffrerant - I don`t hate the UK just don`t want to die in the same place I was born!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Sounds like someone did not make any money on the property boom eh?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Sounds like someone did not make any money on the property boom eh?

one of the dumbest things you can do is under estimate someone .......almost as dumb as over estimating someone.........btw it took about 80 views before this message was replied to
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't have a house to sell and I don't hate England nor will I slate it once we leave. Yes some people are very insensitive with their posts and enjoy rubbing others noses in the dirt or maybe just need to vent at something, don't take it all so serious
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:43 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness if you bought property in Australia some years ago you would be in more or less of the same financial position given the property boom here also. In fact many people here make a LOT of money with property. The difference in Australia is that properties were cheaper to start with and cheaper even now by comparison to the UK. Thats what makes many migrants able to buy houses, not the fact they made money on the property boom.

I personally dont see that I should be grateful to the UK or indeed any other country for global housing price increases. I'm fortunate enough to have bought before the large property increases but this has very little to do with any of the reasons I might have for thinking the UK is a bit of a dump or why I migrated.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:58 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I think another part of the problem is that when things become mundane you don`t see things properly - you take them for granted. The UK still has a lot to offer - it just depends on what you are looking for. Not everyone has a house to sell here, some people (like ourselves) are saving like mad to get to Oz. It may be a case of appreciating what you have rather than feeling obliged to be grateful.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:21 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

The thing to remember is that economy and living experience are two very different things, I don't slate the UK I like the place. However some poeple do complain about the UK and they will probably say the same kinda crap when in Oz, but for differing reasons, however economies and how you live your life are different ends of the spectrum, although they do share some correlation on your lifestyle.

The point I making is that OK the UK is great finacially for some, but equally it doesn't always buy you happiness. Some poeple aer happy in a nicer environment ( MORE SUITED TO THEIR OWN LIFESTYLE ) Than they arein living in a place with a wealthy economy.. Oh and then their are those just moan for the sake of it...Like me
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not my lifestyle I am worried about!
It is the druggy D*** Heads that make the world a sadder place and they seem to have moved next door to me!

Australia, I know has it's fair share of crime and idiots however if you lived in the Uk you would see how political correctness has gone mad!!!

You can't say this and you can't say that, you can't complain about your neighbours because they have PROBLEMS, oh well I say! TUFF! GET RID!

I am sick of making excuses for these worthless creatures that craw the earth and flippin 16 years olds who have just come out of borstal winning the lotto.

So if I want to find a utopia and I think it might be in Australia I am not apologising to anyone for that, seeing as my husband has been at work since 6 this morning and still isn't home.

England does suck and if you lived here you would understand why 75% of these people on Brit ex pats are moving. I would say most of us are in it to find a healthier lifestyle, less work hours than the UK and a slower pace of life.

Lace x
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:42 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
It is the druggy D*** Heads that make the world a sadder place and they seem to have moved next door to me!

Australia, I know has it's fair share of crime and idiots however if you lived in the Uk you would see how political correctness has gone mad!!!

You can't say this and you can't say that, you can't complain about your neighbours because they have PROBLEMS, oh well I say! TUFF! GET RID!

I am sick of making excuses for these worthless creatures that craw the earth and flippin 16 years olds who have just come out of borstal winning the lotto.

So if I want to find a utopia and I think it might be in Australia I am not apologising to anyone for that, seeing as my husband has been at work since 6 this morning and still isn't home.

England does suck and if you lived here you would understand why 75% of these people on Brit ex pats are moving. I would say most of us are in it to find a healthier lifestyle, less work hours than the UK and a slower pace of life.

Lace x

Lacy you worry me, You should want to go to Australia because that is the place you want to be NOT because you dislike the UK. You won't find life easier there just different, I think the higher your expectations the more likely you will feel let down. Expect nothing and you will be delighted. Expect it to be 75% better than the UK and you will be dissapointed. You still have to work hard , but play time is more enjoyable. I am not disagreeing with your expectations but being less optimistic about the lifestyle your hoping to lead won't do you any harm
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21

Lace x
Mmm youve obviously never lived in another country then?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Brisben,
I have three sisters there one 27 years, one 14 years, one a year,

So I have family there who have made it (countless nephews neices)

I know what to expect.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah I have
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:02 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

well that was the UK that gave you the opportuny

no it wasn`t it was due to hard work and having the forsight to put my hard earned into proporty

i could have gone on the social got a council flat and pissd
my giro up the wall each week

but i for one didnt

surley those who worked for it should see the benifits
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

here steve o
hugs lace xxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.