Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Engineering Jobs in Oz - websites/how to find work etc

Engineering Jobs in Oz - websites/how to find work etc

Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:26 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Question Engineering Jobs in Oz - websites/how to find work etc

Hello
We are looking for info on finding out where to search for available jobs for engineers, primarily for the vacumn/pump industry, most notably in Queensland if possible. The only engineering positions we saw advertised in newspapers when we were over on a visit to Oz last year, were all related to mining. Does anyone have any experience of finding work in engineering, what job websites are good, and if there is a website/list available somewhere showing which multi-national companies are based in Oz in the vacumn/pump/manufacturing/project management sectors [companies like BOC etc]? Is there more call for experienced [non-mining] engineers based in a different state to Queensland?

Any help whatsoever, is much appreciated.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:35 am
The Mad Axeman Returns

Andrew Nunn is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Engineering Jobs in Oz - websites/how to find work etc

Hi Claire & Richard,

Currently in the process of trying to work before landing in Gold Coast and have some experience. The best jobsite I have found is "seek" http://seek.com.au/. Once you set up your account it is easy to apply for posts. I also have some other contacts but I'll need to get details and forward them.

Better go just now cos I'm at work.

Regards,

Andy

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
Hello
We are looking for info on finding out where to search for available jobs for engineers, primarily for the vacumn/pump industry, most notably in Queensland if possible. The only engineering positions we saw advertised in newspapers when we were over on a visit to Oz last year, were all related to mining. Does anyone have any experience of finding work in engineering, what job websites are good, and if there is a website/list available somewhere showing which multi-national companies are based in Oz in the vacumn/pump/manufacturing/project management sectors [companies like BOC etc]? Is there more call for experienced [non-mining] engineers based in a different state to Queensland?

Any help whatsoever, is much appreciated.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:36 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering Jobs in Oz - websites/how to find work etc

Originally Posted by Andrew Nunn
Hi Claire & Richard,

Currently in the process of trying to work before landing in Gold Coast and have some experience. The best jobsite I have found is "seek" http://seek.com.au/. Once you set up your account it is easy to apply for posts. I also have some other contacts but I'll need to get details and forward them.

Better go just now cos I'm at work.

Regards,

Andy
Cheers Andy. Thanks alot, good luck with your job searching.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:33 am
C&R

Cheers Andy. Thanks alot, good luck with your job searching.
Can anyone else offer any words of wisdom?
Surely me & Andy aren't the only engineers in Oz? .,....
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Can anyone else offer any words of wisdom?
Surely me & Andy aren't the only engineers in Oz? .,....
Another site:
http://www.careerone.com.au/

Go to advanced search.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:21 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I know its not the state you are aiming for but maybe it will give you an idea, i just posted a whole load of engineering vacancies on our forum you can find them via this link. http://movetoperth.com/cgi-bin/yabb2...1143862343/1#1

some of these positions will offer emplyer sonsorship too if required.

Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:25 am
C&R

Originally Posted by movetoperth
I know its not the state you are aiming for but maybe it will give you an idea, i just posted a whole load of engineering vacancies on our forum you can find them via this link. http://movetoperth.com/cgi-bin/yabb2...1143862343/1#1

some of these positions will offer emplyer sonsorship too if required.

Lynn
Hey thanks alot guys - will give it a whirl
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:32 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

If you don't find something before you get to Oz and you're heading for Brisbane or surrounding, th Courier Mail on Saturdays is full of engineering jobs. Alternatively try the websites already mentioned and these: www.nayler.com.au
www.hays.com.au
www.mycareer.com.au

Good Luck

Colin