Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance Advice

Travel Insurance Advice

Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:40 am
Just Joined

KarlL is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Travel Insurance Advice

Hi,

I'm Karl, 29 and originally from Leeds in the UK.

I'm after some advice on the exciting subject of travel insurance!

I’m a UK resident currently working in Sydney on a 4 year temporary business visa. I have been in Sydney for almost a year and my current insurance policy (from a UK provider) is due to expire this weekend. My current insurer is unable to extend the cover as I have been out of the UK for over 6 months.

I therefore need cover form the next 12 months.

I'm probably looking at an annual mulit trip worldwide policy to cover general holidays, trips back to the Uk etc etc but it would be good peace of mind if I could get the following cover also (something which my current cover with insure&go includes).

1) Cover for repatriation back to the UK ( as opposed to Australia) in the event of serious injury or death, either within Australia or anywhere else in the world

2) Cover for travel within Australia (this may probably be standard?)

3) The cost of travel (return) covered in the event of me having to return to the UK in the event of family emergency / illness / death etc?

4) Business Travel

The Australian cover I have seen so far doesn't seem to cover the above (especially 1 & 3) and the UK policies only seem to apply if you reside in the UK.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice??

NB - My current cover expires in 2 days !!

Many Thanks,

Karl