Reload this Page >

Engineering Jobs

Engineering Jobs

Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:48 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Engineering Jobs

Can anyone help?

I'm a Computer-aided design engineer with Printed circuit board layout and AutoCAD experience. I've been working in the Satellite telecomms industry for 4 years and by the time we move will have roughly 5 1/2 years experience. Does anyone know if Brisbane or surrounding areas have many engineering jobs requiring one or both of these skills? Are there any other areas where engineers are in demand?

My first choice for settlement was Sydney, but this was only because of its size therefore more job prospects.

Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:37 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering Jobs

Originally posted by Houdini:
Can anyone help?

I'm a Computer-aided design engineer with Printed circuit board layout and AutoCAD experience. I've been working in the Satellite telecomms industry for 4 years and by the time we move will have roughly 5 1/2 years experience. Does anyone know if Brisbane or surrounding areas have many engineering jobs requiring one or both of these skills? Are there any other areas where engineers are in demand?

My first choice for settlement was Sydney, but this was only because of its size therefore more job prospects.

Cheers
It is Australia you want to come to ?, looking at your job I cannot see how that will sit with brick laying .Not a lot of need for that down here ,but can you work a mill or lathe , crap wages and conditions but at lest you will get a great lifestyle in some tin shed.
Most of stuff you do is done in UK and bought in down here , I know there was a Plessey place in Sidney also know its changed hands in UK now is called another name read on.
Dimension Data buys Plessey. Some of the businesses were absorbed into Dimension Data, while the systems planning integration and installation divisions became Plessey (Pty) Ltd. The research and development divisions as well as the manufacturing divisions were bought back in a management buyout and is now trading as Tellumat (Pty) Ltd. Tellumat retains the world wide rights to the brand name Plessey.
Anyway sure you could learn how to lay bricks more money in that here , although AutoCAD is widely used here try toolmaking companys , if you are a bright lad set up your own company there could be goverment help in QLD , always good for a hand out .good luck.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:33 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

It is Australia you want to come to ?, looking at your job I cannot see how that will sit with brick laying .Not a lot of need for that down here ,but can you work a mill or lathe , crap wages and conditions but at lest you will get a great lifestyle in some tin shed.
Most of stuff you do is done in UK and bought in down here , I know there was a Plessey place in Sidney also know its changed hands in UK now is called another name read on.
Dimension Data buys Plessey. Some of the businesses were absorbed into Dimension Data, while the systems planning integration and installation divisions became Plessey (Pty) Ltd. The research and development divisions as well as the manufacturing divisions were bought back in a management buyout and is now trading as Tellumat (Pty) Ltd. Tellumat retains the world wide rights to the brand name Plessey.
Anyway sure you could learn how to lay bricks more money in that here , although AutoCAD is widely used here try toolmaking companys , if you are a bright lad set up your own company there could be goverment help in QLD , always good for a hand out .good luck.
Thanks Bastard, you're not as bad as people make you out to be, apparently.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 11:44 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini:

Thanks Bastard, you're not as bad as people make you out to be, apparently.
Hey watch what you are saying the hate mob could turn on you too , that nearly sounded like you ment it.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Sep 10th 2002 at 6:57 am.