Reload this Page >

Employment checks...

Employment checks...

Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

M.H.D is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Employment checks...

Hello folks,

It may sound like a stupid question, but I need to ask it anyways. Do you HAVE TO disclose your immigration plans to your present employer??? I gather that my employer is not too happy losing people to immigration and informing him/co. of my own immigration plans will jeopardise my job until 12-15 whatever time immigration may take. Will it not help if I simply provide extensive documentation with all the letters, payslips etc, without having to diclose this to the PRESENT employer.

Thank you for your opinion in advance.
MHD
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment checks...

Originally Posted by M.H.D
Hello folks,

It may sound like a stupid question, but I need to ask it anyways. Do you HAVE TO disclose your immigration plans to your present employer??? I gather that my employer is not too happy losing people to immigration and informing him/co. of my own immigration plans will jeopardise my job until 12-15 whatever time immigration may take. Will it not help if I simply provide extensive documentation with all the letters, payslips etc, without having to diclose this to the PRESENT employer.

Thank you for your opinion in advance.
MHD
As far as I know, you dont have to. Its not like they are asking for a reference or anything. Depends on your situation. Proof that you work there will suffice (payslips, P60, contract etc)
Old Sep 19th 2006, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Employment checks...

Phew! That was a heartening reply. Thanks Stephen.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! That was a heartening reply. Thanks Stephen.
As far as possible, I wont be letting anyone know I am going...till I'm going!

I run my own business but its a franchise of a large corporation. Tell them anything and you will be on the bottom of the pegging order for everything.

Worst case scenario, they might even try to punt you earlier than you want to leave.

Play it safe.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Play it safe.

Yep...that is exactly our predicament. We tell them now and they will surely ask us to quit our jobs right away!! So need to keep a low profile for sometime.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Employment checks...

Originally Posted by Stephen

As far as possible, I wont be letting anyone know I am going...till I'm going!

I run my own business but its a franchise of a large corporation. Tell them anything and you will be on the bottom of the pegging order for everything.

Worst case scenario, they might even try to punt you earlier than you want to leave.

Play it safe.
Hey Stepehn...
Sorry to bug ya again, but i came across this link:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...perience.htm#e

Evidence to attach to your application
The evidence that you need to supply depends on whether you are meeting the Recent Work Experience requirement or are eligible for an exemption.

Recent work experience requirement Certified copies of your work references for any positions held during the relevant period.

Your work experience references must:

be written on the official letterhead of the company or government department providing the reference
the letterhead should indicate clearly the full address of the company and any telephone, fax numbers, email and website addresses
the name and position of the person authorised to sign the employment reference should be typed or stamped below that person's signature – a reference with an illegible signature will not be accepted
the direct contact number of the person writing the reference should be included in the letter
the letter should indicate the exact period of employment, including whether permanent or temporary, full or part-time, position/s held, the main five (5) duties undertaken, and the salary earned – positions should not be described by generic titles (eg research officer, public servant) but according to the nature of the duties undertaken (eg research chemist, accounts clerk)
a payslip from your current employment should also be included – this is especially important for applicants working in government departments.
Other documents which may assist you in evidencing your work experience claims could include, but are not limited to:

contracts
pay slips
tax returns
group certificates

-------------------------------------------------
Now how wud one get a experience reference from a current employer to whom you have no intention of mentioning the your big immigration plans??

Thanks in anticipation for any advice/reply.

Cheers,
MHD
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Clairertw has a spectacular aura aboutClairertw has a spectacular aura aboutClairertw has a spectacular aura about

Now how wud one get a experience reference from a current employer to whom you have no intention of mentioning the your big immigration plans??
not sure it this helps but before i applied, i asked DIMA if i could avoid including a reference until i get a CO - they said no problem. in my covering letter i explained that i am very happy to include a reference once my CO asks for one - just included the letter from my employer confirming my job offer plus recent pay slips for now.

since your application sits there for average of 6 months doing bugger all anyway (depending on visa type), might as well save yourself 6 months potential hassle from your employer eh?!

have now told work and am planning to send reference to DIMA with my PCCs if i ever get a CO.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Clairertw
not sure it this helps but before i applied, i asked DIMA if i could avoid including a reference until i get a CO - they said no problem. in my covering letter i explained that i am very happy to include a reference once my CO asks for one - just included the letter from my employer confirming my job offer plus recent pay slips for now.

since your application sits there for average of 6 months doing bugger all anyway (depending on visa type), might as well save yourself 6 months potential hassle from your employer eh?!

have now told work and am planning to send reference to DIMA with my PCCs if i ever get a CO.

Thanks for the reply. That definatly helps. Will check with DIMA if I can try the same.
Good luck with your PCC's

Cheers
MHD
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:19 pm
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the reply. That definatly helps. Will check with DIMA if I can try the same.
Good luck with your PCC's

Cheers
MHD

I exactly faced with this very uncomfortable situation. First, they called the company to check. The HR guy here confused them coz he was not expecting a call from DIMIA and I never informed the company that I needed the letter for a visa application. End result was, asking for more info.
When submit more info with a clarification, DIMIA sent local Embassy staff to visit the company in person and they met the HR director.
It was like asking from the company, ‘we want your help to take your employee out from your company’.
Anyway, things went smoothly and I ended up getting the visa. If your company has a confidentiality agreement, I am sure your company can decline to corporate with DIMIA.

Good luck with your application.

bru
Old Sep 24th 2006, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Employment checks...

Originally Posted by bru
I exactly faced with this very uncomfortable situation. First, they called the company to check. The HR guy here confused them coz he was not expecting a call from DIMIA and I never informed the company that I needed the letter for a visa application. End result was, asking for more info.
When submit more info with a clarification, DIMIA sent local Embassy staff to visit the company in person and they met the HR director.
It was like asking from the company, ‘we want your help to take your employee out from your company’.
Anyway, things went smoothly and I ended up getting the visa. If your company has a confidentiality agreement, I am sure your company can decline to corporate with DIMIA.

Good luck with your application.

bru
Thanks bru...
Looks like there is no set format to go about this one and we are free to try a thing or two. Thanks again.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 6:31 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Tell **** all, till the last minute.IMHO