Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

employer sponsored nominee

employer sponsored nominee

Old May 30th 2003, 8:21 pm
port kennedy dec 2003

carolerussell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default employer sponsored nominee

This is the first time I have put a thread on this site, I only got the go ahead for it today. I think it is marvelous and so informative.
Has/is anyone out there going/already in oz on an employer sponsored nominee visa. I am hoping to get over on this visa. Its a temporary visa and I hope to apply for a permanent visa after 12 months. I have got my job and we are just waiting for the paperwork etc. We have got our house up for sale and obviously feel realy anxious until we have gto everything through. For us it seems like the best way although if we get there we will not feel truly settled until we have got permanent residency, but life is too short not to give it a go when we have got this marvelous opportunity.
Old May 31st 2003, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

golden girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How have ya done it?

can you tell me how you got a job in Oz whilst still living here in the UK as that's the ideal situation we would like to be in.

Lucky you!
Old Jun 1st 2003, 5:41 pm
port kennedy dec 2003

carolerussell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How have ya done it?

Originally posted by golden girl
can you tell me how you got a job in Oz whilst still living here in the UK as that's the ideal situation we would like to be in.

Lucky you!
Hi golden girl.

Fortuneately for me I am a nurse and it appears that nurses are in short demand over there. My friend works at the hospital where I have got my job so she managed to organise an interview for me, I have got 16 years theatre experience and I am going back down the ladder to basics so they are getting excellent value for money. I am taking about £5000 per year drop in salary but as the standard of living is higher over there i am sure it all balances out. plus the life style we are hoping to have is better than money.