Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emotional Rollercoaster!

Emotional Rollercoaster!

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough
Default Emotional Rollercoaster!

Well, here we are , we have reached the final hurdle.
We have sent all the last documents to DIMIA and can now only sit and wait for the big yes or no.
We are having a hellish time with our youngest son whos 12, I spent over 2 hours with him the other week and watched while he cryed and tryed to make sense of the situation, it was totally heartbreaking.It seems to be a daily thing, one minute he's happy and excited about the move, the next he swings to the other side, Yesterday my hubby had his turn with him, trying to explain that he was right to feel upset and a little scared. :scared:
He is my hubby's step-son and has regular contact with his real father and his fathers family and although we have searched every option for regular contact once we hit Oz, I think Scott is not convinced.
Our other 2 lads who are 15 & 16 seem to be chomping at the bit, not one piece of negative conversation, they just want to go, NOW! ( Im not fooled, it is going to happen)
I am now getting comments from family saying that it has come round so fast, EEEHHHHH ??? , we stared the process in Jan 04 but I guess we have been living with it daily and they hav'nt.
I know that once we get there and get on with it everything will be easier, v.sorry for whinge, just needed to get it out, ANY advice welcome
Tina x
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:50 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Emotional Rollercoaster!

Advice? Drink beer.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel 4 u. Its really hard 4 kids to accept change at times and 12 is such a tender age.Reassurance is the only thing u can offer. Im sorry I cant offer any constructive advice
Best wishes
Hilary
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hilary6
I really feel 4 u. Its really hard 4 kids to accept change at times and 12 is such a tender age.Reassurance is the only thing u can offer. Im sorry I cant offer any constructive advice
Best wishes
Hilary
Thanks for the advice, we will just have to continue with the patience and hope its worth it
Beer sounds good 2
Old Mar 9th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

notice you are in Preston are you going to the NW meet there will be others there with their kids some similar ages (my son is 13 nearly 14) and it may help him to speak to them just a thought but I agree its really hard

best wishes mary
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter
Advice? Drink beer.

Hey Peter! Was wondering just the other week how you were getting on, hadnt seen you since you left the US! Thought you had disappeared never to be seen again. Hows it going? )
Old Mar 12th 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hey Peter! Was wondering just the other week how you were getting on, hadnt seen you since you left the US! Thought you had disappeared never to be seen again. Hows it going? )
Just bumping back to the top for any other thoughts.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Princess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: Emotional Rollercoaster!

Originally Posted by FITCHETT FAMILY
Just bumping back to the top for any other thoughts.
Hi Fitchett Family,

I'm completely new to this site, in fact I only found it 10 mins ago and don't know how I've managed so far without it!!!!

I know where you're coming from .... we started our emigration process in Feb last year and should (hopefully and finally) be going out there next month. We've been told by our assessing officer in the immigration department that our visa is being issued this week. We move out of our house on 1st April and in with my mum for a couple of weeks and then we're off. We'll have 2 weeks to say our goodbyes, visit family around the UK, selling car, settle bills etc.

Having lived it every day for the past year, and thought of nothing else since, it's really starting to become an emotional drain. I SO want to get on and move NOW. Family and friends can't believe it's really happening now either, I think they thought we were just dreaming before, even though we've explained everythingt to them as it's happened.

Hubby and I have a 15 month daughter so part of me wants to get the move out of the way so I can try to settle her into a routine there.

We've also just decided to have a 3 / 4 day stop over in Singapore so that's like planing an altogether seperate trip.

We've got an STNI to Melbourne and hubby has landed a job in Dandenong which seems a good number so at least we're narrowing things down rather than it previously being 'somewhere in Victoria'.

Good luck and like someone said, have a beer (or a wine in my case!)
Old Mar 12th 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Dear Fitchett Family
We live in West Yorkshire hopefully Perth soon, our son is 11 he is our only child but he is so excited about the move. Yes he is going to miss the family but like he says I can speak and see them on the web cam. If your son wants to speak to our son Tim just PM us.

Regards
Theresa
Old Mar 13th 2005, 8:55 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Princess_atta
We've also just decided to have a 3 / 4 day stop over in Singapore so that's like planing an altogether seperate trip.
Have a good time in Singapore. Do a search for Singapore in the forum and you`ll see lot`s of suggestions as to what to do.

For 3/4 days I`d say:
Sentosa.
Orchard Road.
Bird & Reptile Park (next to each other).
Botanical Gardens.
And ask a taxi driver to take you to the Buddhist temple on top of the hill.