Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

emmigrating - help and advice please!!!

emmigrating - help and advice please!!!

Old May 23rd 2007, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

lisamarie17 will become famous soon enoughlisamarie17 will become famous soon enough
Default emmigrating - help and advice please!!!

hi were hopefully moving to queensland next june. need to know best areas and schools etc, basically and information you can give. thanks
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:44 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emmigrating - help and advice please!!!

Originally Posted by lisamarie17
hi were hopefully moving to queensland next june. need to know best areas and schools etc, basically and information you can give. thanks
You are very organise!! We are heading to Queensland in August and will base ourselves at my mum's until choose where abouts we want to settle. Hoping to enrol kids at the local school until we decided where is the best place for us all - as need to consider where hubby gets a job and what schools seem the best for the boys. I like to see things for myself first.
Wishing you all the very best in your process of emigrating and if you like can keep in touch with you once we arrive.
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

lisamarie17 will become famous soon enoughlisamarie17 will become famous soon enough

that would be great, any help we can get would be appreciated. we have said if we go we are going to sell up and go. we would have about 60,000gbp to take with us, so the plan is that we would have a small mortgage. just want it to be the best decision for the kids because its a big upheavel. we are going to apply for our visas tomorrow, so i think im just having last minute nerves, if i am doing the right thing. i really want to go, and keep telling myself it cant be worse than england. wish we could go over for a holiday but the cost would be money wasted, which we decided to buy visas with instead.

how long did it take for your visa to come through? did you get a 136 visa?
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:18 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute

that would be great, any help we can get would be appreciated. we have said if we go we are going to sell up and go. we would have about 60,000gbp to take with us, so the plan is that we would have a small mortgage. just want it to be the best decision for the kids because its a big upheavel. we are going to apply for our visas tomorrow, so i think im just having last minute nerves, if i am doing the right thing. i really want to go, and keep telling myself it cant be worse than england. wish we could go over for a holiday but the cost would be money wasted, which we decided to buy visas with instead.

how long did it take for your visa to come through? did you get a 136 visa?
Your worrying is only natural - I was the very same prior to lodging visa too! The process was quick for us but the worst bit was the waiting after the medicals were done 5 weeks later we got visa's but it felt like we had been waiting for 5 years!!!!!!!!!!! If you click on my name above and click view profile you will see our timeline xxxxxxxxx
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:29 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Use the serach panel in the toolbar, start with the area you are moving too and search.... there may be lots of info already out there.