Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Oliveoil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

This is my first post so please be NICE! (and apologies if it is all over the show, you have too many smilies for me to cope with)

anyhoo, I am looking to fly from Manchester to Perth and have heard good things from both of the above, anyone got any pros and cons for me to consider?

Singapore is my pref but Emirates leave at better times (imo)

all tips gratefully received
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:37 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Hi

we have used both airlines and if i had to pick i would go Singapore, in my opinion it has nicer flight attendants, better food and comfort and singapore had a better airport. Dubai was absolutely heaving even in the early hours it was hard to get moved and find a seat.

Our costs were the same but as I say SA everytime.

kaye x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Oliveoil
This is my first post so please be NICE! (and apologies if it is all over the show, you have too many smilies for me to cope with)

anyhoo, I am looking to fly from Manchester to Perth and have heard good things from both of the above, anyone got any pros and cons for me to consider?

Hi

Flown with both a number of times- if they are more or less the same price it has to be Singapore.

Regards
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

kurrikurri is on a distinguished road

I would recommend singapore airlines anytime. We have flown twice with them, straight through from Manchester, 2 hour stop over (2nd time a bit longer and went in the pool at the airport that was out of this world) and then on to Sydney. They are great with the kids and really comforty and roomy seats. Cannot do enough for you. Have never flown with Emirates. Here is a link - alot of people recommend singapore airlines here too.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551782
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the replies, Singapore it seems to be then!

just they fly at 9am and I am thinking getting there 3 hours before etc

now a nice flight at 1pm would make my life easier...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore definitely offers a more consistently excellent service.......sometimes Emirates is great, other times pretty average....all comes down to the crew really. Emirates is growing extremely quickly, a lot of its cabin crew are very young & inexperienced - and it shows sometimes.

I'd say my best ever economy flights have been on Emirates though....right the way through from Brisbane to Glasgow they were exceptional...sadly not so on the way back.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore, the planes are better for a start. Staff lovely especially if travelling with children.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

Emirates have cabin staff from all over the world working together and I think that sometimes there is a lack of communication between them.
On my last flight back to Oz from the Uk flew Newcastle-Dubai, crew were great but inbetween Dubai and Singapore they were terrible!, then a new crew from Singapore to Melbourne were great! Funnily enough everyone who I have spoke to on that route has said exactly the same! We only fly with them as we can cut out Heathrow/Manchester and fly straight to Newcastle!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oliveoil

I prefer Emirates, but i do like Singapore as they tend to be cheaper
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Both are excellent airlines. My partner went with Emirates whilst I went with Singapore. Both are equally good, although a lot of people say Emirates are better. The food on both airlines are really good. I loved my food on the Singapore airline and the airport at Singapore is beautiful. You can stop off and have a swim in the hotel swimming pool which is situated on the roof and there are plenty of things to do their including watching Tv for free on these huge screens. Emirates airport is probably classier and better but both are excellent and you want go wrong with either. Id recommend Singapore as its cheaper (a little) and if you can stop off for that swim and free drink you get (and its cheap). Have a look at the website for singapore airport - youd be amazed at what you can do and see their.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi Everyone,

Just putting my two pence worth in, we flew Emirates at Easter and it was as good as can be expected. However, by the time we'd arrived I was heartily sick of curry, we even seemed to have it for breakfast. Don't think our daughter was impressed either.

Dubai airport is very modern but really crowded and lots of people sleeping on the floor with cloths over their faces, looked like a morg. Couldn't find anywhere to sit.

My sister has just flown out with Emirates and she said they had curry again! Also had a problem with someone complaining about her and her son putting their seats back. Crikey in a trip that's almost 24 hours who wouldn't put their seat back???

We're flying Singapore next time, at least it won't be curry!

Thanks all.

M
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:41 pm
I Want To Believe!!

CH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant future

We flew both and could'nt fault Singapore Airlines, good meals lots of fluids and nice planes, Emirates was dissapionting for us the food was not as good we was always asking for drinks and the flight was ok for the first stint then after changing for the last 8 hours we had an older planes with very uncomfortable seats (could feel the wood under our butts ) and rubbish entertainment, So go with waht people are saying - SINGAPORE!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:50 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Most people on here would vote singapore over emirates.

Flights are a question that comes up regularly and singapore seems to win hands down.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

oh this is great feedback, thanks everyone

Singapore work out about £2200 one way (2 adults, 2 children) and Emirates £2400 so much of a muchness as they say

this is flying in November depending on house sale which I am not going to mention in case I tempt fate...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Haven't flown with either but only ever heard very good things about Singapore airlines!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.