Reload this Page >

Emirates baggage allowance

Emirates baggage allowance

Old Jul 8th 2006, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

sarahj1uk80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Emirates baggage allowance

Hello all

I was wondering if you could help me. We are going back to England for a holiday and have been told that the baggage allowance is 20kg, this is fine for the way there but on the way back I wanted much more. Has anyone got any experience about how much they let you get away with? We are flying out of Birmingham.

Thanks

Sarah
Old Jul 8th 2006, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Emirates baggage allowance

Originally Posted by sarahj1uk80
Hello all

I was wondering if you could help me. We are going back to England for a holiday and have been told that the baggage allowance is 20kg, this is fine for the way there but on the way back I wanted much more. Has anyone got any experience about how much they let you get away with? We are flying out of Birmingham.

Thanks

Sarah
well as you know they only have to give you 20kilos, anything more is discretionary. i have found that the earlier you check in the more likely that you can get away with a few extra. when i made the one way trip into oz last year i flew with emirates (from manchester) and so i made sure i was really early checking in. obviously i was allowed to have 40kilos but i actually totalled 57k! i smiled lots and explained i was 5 months pregnant, flying on my own, hadn't seen my partner (already there) for 4 months and emigrating (which they knew anyway due to my 40k allowance) and i didn't have to pay anything. i know this is slightly different as you have obviously already migrated but i recommend getting there early. and smiling. lots of smiling..! i guess you will just have to be willing to pay some extra if they don't let you, and try bartering. good luck!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 12:01 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates baggage allowance

Originally Posted by sarahj1uk80
Hello all

Thanks

Sarah
Hi Sarah

My advice.... Don't take a risk with Emirates!!!!

We were over-weight in January, flying out of Birmingham with Emirates and they wanted nearly £600 for the extra weight!!!!!!
They were very nice about it, but would not budge in their decision. They helped us adjust our hand luggage which was under the allowance, so that we all had the absolute max to carry on, which nearly got us to the correct baggage allowance.
In the end the check-in staff let it go even though we were still over, but we all had a black bin liners full of clothes to carry onto the aircraft..... talk about embarrassing Hardly Louis Vuitton, was it?

Good luck
Neil.