Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrating to OZ

Emigrating to OZ

Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:31 am
Just Joined

RedDevilUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating to OZ

Im a 38 year old male, Married with 2 boys aged 7 and 13, and have been talking about moving to Australia for the last 2 years!!

So, now im sick of talking about it, i want to get things moving.... is there a kind of step by step guide with what i need to do, who i need to see?

i have a mortgage with roughly £120,000 equity in it, and not much in savings really worth mentioning

I would be looking to buy a house, possible in Perth (after reading websites)

any advice would be appreciated, as i know some of you guys have already been through this, its a big decision but i think its for the best...

thanks
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:47 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Emigrating to OZ

Need the visa first mate. Call a migration agent and get a FREE assessment. There'll be plenty of recommendations coming up I rweckon.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

What job do you do? Some are easier than others. There are many of us going on sponsered 457 visas
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

RedDevilUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a Painter and Decorator, so i would be looking for the same over there.

i will have to look into the Visa, acception.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

fly2hi is on a distinguished road

You should be alright for work. As it stands you're not allowed to do any painting and decorating for more than $200 unless you have a license. Unlike the UK where anyone can do just about anything. Mind you, when i look at some of the painting on new houses, i do wonder if anyone bothers about that rule.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:48 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice

Originally Posted by RedDevilUK
Im a Painter and Decorator, so i would be looking for the same over there.

i will have to look into the Visa, acception.
I think that in Sept your trade came on the demand list, so if i were you i would contact a agent we went with www.conceptaustralia.co.uk we found them very helpful, if they think you wont get in they would tell you good luck it will be worth it!