Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what areas to live w.a. and qld?

what areas to live w.a. and qld?

Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default what areas to live w.a. and qld?

As i am undecided in where i will head to w.a or qld.
What places,areas would be recommended for a guy in his mid 30s,an area or place thats not run down or got high crime as such,well ones to keep away from.
Prices to be pretty fair,maybe close to a beach but not looking over it which im sure would be too expensive anyway.
Location for work,dont think would be a factor as most work,im sure would be away from home anyway.
As a single guy and starting all over again,would need to be near places or at least a taxi fare away to go drinking and just get to know people,with many pubs and clubs etc.
Something away out in the sticks or so far away from a busy place might feel isolated,so needs to be a little close so to speak.
I suppose by the time i get granted my visa and know where i am headed,the areas mentioned will have all been sold and other areas will have been built,but be good to know of areas in these two states would be recommended.
As i am not tied in where it can be with my work maybe.
I have no idea of up and coming popular perth,or surrounding areas to live that offers both near distances to a beach but also good social life and distances away from busy pubs and clubs etc,same goes for qld,been thinking of brisbane,gold coast not sure again areas recommened.

Its just once i get my visa and i go to validate the visa and i have thought of where i want to head would like to have a look around these areas see if i could get a feel for the place and see places i would want to live in later life.

I know i am asking a lot here but im sure i am flexible on where i could go,but a big factor for me would be near a beach if possible,good social life not too far,prices not too bad and a very nice and growing area.

I currently live in a small town in scotland,but not used to living in a city so not sure if that would be for me,but as some places in oz can be pretty remote there would need to be things to offer me around that area and maybe not to far by bus transport or say by car etc