Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrate 2006 Show?

Emigrate 2006 Show?

Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:24 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emigrate 2006 Show?

Emigrate 2006 show to be held in Surrey (March 17th,18th,19th) and Glasgow (March 25th ,26th)

Wondered if anyone was going to either show, and has anyone been to previous shows?

For anyone wanting info:

www.emigrate2006.co.uk
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrate 2006 Show?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Emigrate 2006 show to be held in Surrey (March 17th,18th,19th) and Glasgow (March 25th ,26th)

Wondered if anyone was going to either show, and has anyone been to previous shows?

For anyone wanting info:

www.emigrate2006.co.uk
Yes we went in 2004 - where we met the agent, got a lot of info too, I'd like to go again and get a deferent perspective now that things are moving along nicely. not sure if hubby is that keen though.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:55 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
Yes we went in 2004 - where we met the agent, got a lot of info too, I'd like to go again and get a deferent perspective now that things are moving along nicely. not sure if hubby is that keen though.
I notice you live in Langley. Where abouts is that? We are in the North east, but it's still a bit of a treck for us, as it's 4 hours on the bus :Zzz:

We are off to WA also
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:00 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

For anyone wanting info:

www.emigrate2006.co.uk
Hi Tiawamutu

We've been to a few in the past, but we had a very different perspective at last year's because by then we were already definitely going. It was well worth it... the only thing we would say is go on the Friday because everyone we spoke to on the Saturday said they could have taken longer to talk with us 'yesterday'.

Happy to say that we'll already by in WA before this year's show

All the best,
Rogue.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:00 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone wanting info:

www.emigrate2006.co.uk
Yepps, we went to Sandown late last year, Oct I think. Forums were a bit pants for us but very good if you've done no research whatsoever. However, we met our shippers here (Overs of Camberley) and they have just finished moving us out today and done a fantastic job!

Dave
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

I notice you live in Langley. Where abouts is that? We are in the North east, but it's still a bit of a treck for us, as it's 4 hours on the bus :Zzz:

We are off to WA also
Langley, Berkshire - we are about 15 minutes from Heathrow, and just up the road from Windsor, take a quick walk down the road and we can see the castle.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:11 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

We are off to WA also
Hey Tiawamutu,
We too are heading off to WA.....and are going to the expo on the friday.
Any ideas where in WA you'll head to ?
What position are you in with job's/property etc ?

Ali
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Yepps, we went to Sandown late last year, Oct I think. Forums were a bit pants for us but very good if you've done no research whatsoever. However, we met our shippers here (Overs of Camberley) and they have just finished moving us out today and done a fantastic job!

Dave
I have done absolutely loads of research (nearly 3 years worth!) so do you think it would still be worth going, as it will cost over £150 to get up there (Glasgow) and accomodation, and that's excluding food!

What stage were you at when you went, wavy?
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hey Tiawamutu,
We too are heading off to WA.....and are going to the expo on the friday.
Any ideas where in WA you'll head to ?
What position are you in with job's/property etc ?

Ali
I think we're all going to Perth by the look of it

Which expo is it you are going to? The one in Surrey?

We are heading north of the river, maybe Currambine, Joondalup, Connolly area or the other surrounding suburbs.

Have sent off visa and have filled in the skills matching database, so have had a couple of e-mails from people asking me to consider applying with them, but have not applied for any jobs yet. We are not planning to go until after June this year, as my sister is getting married.

With regards to the property, I have been looking at property in Perth for 4+ years, and I haven't half seen a rise in prices. We plan to rent somewhere first to get a feel for the area, then we are hoping to build.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:39 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I have done absolutely loads of research (nearly 3 years worth!) so do you think it would still be worth going, as it will cost over £150 to get up there (Glasgow) and accomodation, and that's excluding food!

Thanks for the link, I had a quick look but I'm not sure it would offer anything that you couldn't find out from this website, like you say it is a bit of a trek. I don't think I will go, perhaps if it was bit nearer to Manchester I would.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:29 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

We'd just had our Ack for our 47sk so I would say don't bother, most info you will ever need you will find on the web. However I would deffo recommend talking to shippers face to face but choose 3 or 4 and get them round for quotes. At your advanced stage you'll learn bugger all you already havent learned!