Eloping

Old Jun 20th 2006, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Y Knot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eloping

My partner and I are looking at the option of eloping rather then coping with family (believe me you would understand). :scared:

If you were thinking of doing this where would you go....we live on the Gold Coast but would love to get married somewhere very quiet and beautiful.

Any suggestions would be wonderful...maybe somewhere you have been

Thanks

Last edited by Y Knot; Jun 20th 2006 at 6:06 am.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Tumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really nice
Default Re: Eloping

How about here http://thegreatoutdoors.com.au/display.php?ID=14331
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
What a fabulous place. I will defiantly show other half this one and will let you know.

Many thanks
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Y Knot
My partner and I are looking at the option of eloping rather then coping with family (believe me you would understand). :scared:

If you were thinking of doing this where would you go....we live on the Gold Coast but would love to get married somewhere very quiet and beautiful.

Thanks

I knew somebody that got married in a hot air balloon over Ayres Rock!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Whitsundays. I bet that would be lovely....
Old Jun 20th 2006, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Whitsundays. I bet that would be lovely....
Any ideas where abouts ?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:17 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Any ideas where abouts ?
Hayman Island is nice but expensive. Hamilton Island is nice though a bit busy. Can recommend the Beach Club.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to go far for stunning views etc: Have you thought about O'Reilly's? http://www.oreillys.com.au/ Weddings are under the "meetings" heading.

I can fully understand the eloping bit. We didn't exactly elope but we did get married in our local registry office without telling a soul. Had a brilliant day, and it actually made it better knowing that no one knew Mind you, when we rang the MIL from Jersey (short honeymoon) and hubby told her, her first question was "who did you marry?" - we had been living together 7 years and been together for 13 We do get on honest well, now we do!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:40 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Thanks

thats what my partner and I did and then sent the mother a postcard. Best thing I ever did! We did in in the US though. If you;'re thinking of doing it in oz then you can take your pick of beautiful places Good luck
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We do get on honest well, now we do!
You and your husband, or you and your MIL?

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
You and your husband, or you and your MIL?

Mrs JTL
pmsl Me and the MIL get on alright. Oh me and hubby get on pretty well also
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

How about this - Angsana at Palm Cove? It's quiet and beautiful. We got married there but didn't exactly elope. We invited just immediate family members and a few friends all of whom had to fly in from abroad. There is a wedding planner at the resort who can arrange everything for you.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:53 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

If you type- australia elope -in to google they give great ideas. Gosh sounds awefully romantic
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Claire and myself eloped to Aus when we got married a few years ago.
Everyone knew we were going traveling but two weeks before we flew we told
our parents we were getting married and swore them to secrecy.
They were well chuffed for us as they knew we didn't do stuff by the book.
We had arranged to get hitched at the registry office in Ultimo, Sydney before
hand which was easy and really cheap. We also used the on site photographer,
a Polish guy called uncle Victor to do the pics.
We had a ball and to make up for the budjet wedding we went to the Bathers
Pavilion for some posh nosh and spent the next three months on honeymoon.

Go for it guys!

Scotty.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:01 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

I'd so love to elope but Dave won't even consider it! We're getting married in Oz in Mar 2008 and I'm looking into a beach ceremony at a remote place called Hat Head, NSW. One of the most peaceful and beautiful beaches I've ever seen - surrounded by bushland and a wonderful lagoon.

But Dave's more keen on the option of tying the knot at the Sydney Opera House.......... :scared: Men!

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.