Eloping

Old Jun 21st 2006, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Y Knot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eloping

Originally Posted by seang
If you type- australia elope -in to google they give great ideas. Gosh sounds awefully romantic
WOW what brilliant ideas....getting more and more excited
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Y Knot
My partner and I are looking at the option of eloping rather then coping with family (believe me you would understand). :scared:

If you were thinking of doing this where would you go....we live on the Gold Coast but would love to get married somewhere very quiet and beautiful.

Any suggestions would be wonderful...maybe somewhere you have been

Thanks

We have friends who did this. They went to the Hunter Valley. Hired a homestead and did the ceremony at the place with a few friends around. Let me know if you want the details and I'll get them for you.

Alternative is one of the islands in QLD's whitsundays or something like that.

KS
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:16 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

We eloped and got married in the Whitsundays - didn't tell a soul, did all the arrangements by email. There are several hotels etc that will arrange some of the basics. We went to Brampton island which is on the edge of the Whitsundays. They do a few weddings, but only allow one a day. We stayed there for 10 days and in that time there were 4 weddings. We booked our own photographer (suggest this is important as if friends and family aren't there they can at least see decent photos) and the resort arranged the celebrant, flowers, champagne etc. They offered the photographer but I found someone cheaper on the net, who did a more informal style of photo.
When we go back we posted out a card telling people we got married and inviting them to a party. All in all worked out great. Links as follows

http://www.brampton-island.com/

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/wedding...ingalbums.html

Its a very stress free way to get married - we have never regretted the decision and our family are happy too - key thing is to tell no-one then no-one can feel left out!

Good luck
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Y Knot
My partner and I are looking at the option of eloping rather then coping with family (believe me you would understand). :scared:

If you were thinking of doing this where would you go....we live on the Gold Coast but would love to get married somewhere very quiet and beautiful.

Any suggestions would be wonderful...maybe somewhere you have been

Thanks

Elope, don't put up with the crap that society lobs on couples getting married.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:10 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
How about this - Angsana at Palm Cove? It's quiet and beautiful. We got married there but didn't exactly elope. We invited just immediate family members and a few friends all of whom had to fly in from abroad. There is a wedding planner at the resort who can arrange everything for you.

Mrs JTL
oo what a stunning place Mrs JTL certainly beats the Sheffield registery office!