Reload this Page >

Electrician salary Perth WA

Electrician salary Perth WA

Old Jan 18th 2020, 10:07 am
Just Joined

paulmountford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician salary Perth WA

Hi there,
Me and my wife and 2 kids are looking at the option of moving to Perth. I'm an electrician and we would apply as me as the principal applicant. The next step for me is the skills test which is really expensive so I want to be sure before taking the plunge. It would be nice to hear the experiences of other UK electricians out there on how many hours you tend to do and take home pay. Also are all the salaries listed on Seek for permanent PAYE type jobs or do they also advertise self employed position on there like they do on UK job sites? Also any other info about moving out there with a family good or bad would be helpful.
Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2020, 10:17 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician salary Perth WA

Originally Posted by paulmountford
Hi there,
Me and my wife and 2 kids are looking at the option of moving to Perth. I'm an electrician and we would apply as me as the principal applicant. The next step for me is the skills test which is really expensive so I want to be sure before taking the plunge. It would be nice to hear the experiences of other UK electricians out there on how many hours you tend to do and take home pay. Also are all the salaries listed on Seek for permanent PAYE type jobs or do they also advertise self employed position on there like they do on UK job sites? Also any other info about moving out there with a family good or bad would be helpful.
Thanks
All types of jobs are advertised on Seek. Advertisers have to declare a salary range to Seek even if it's not in the advert so you can use the filter to see jobs only in the range you want.

I'm not WA but there are a few WA sparks around. You do know about gap training / supervised work requirement for full license I hope.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 10:34 am
Just Joined

paulmountford is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really I'm aware that you need to become licensed when you arrive. I'm trying to get an idea if the higher wages will cover the higher cost of living.
Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2020, 11:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulmountford
Not really I'm aware that you need to become licensed when you arrive. I'm trying to get an idea if the higher wages will cover the higher cost of living.
Thanks
There's another thread (Moving to WA qualified electrician.) that has some info, and also the electricians section - https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/