Reload this Page >

Electrical licences

Electrical licences

Old Jun 1st 2003, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical licenses

Originally posted by GengaKev
I was going to book myself on the 16th edition refresher before I go to Perth next year, my company will pay for this.
Is it relavant to the Aussie regs?. failing that I'll be dusting off the old college notes over the next few months....

I did the 16th edition last October it was the first time I had picked a set of the regs up in years.It is worth doing as it helps you to find your way around them,and the aussie regs are very similar.

Neil
Old Jun 1st 2003, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Ade McCoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical licences

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Neil, where are you? UK or Oz. I ask because there is a company in the UK who runs these courses. I'd like to take the test before I go but I understand that it's pricey. If you're in OZ, how much did it cost and what was it like? I've already got a copy of the wiring rules. AS3000, AS3018 and AS3017. Do you know anything about the testing courses?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.
Hi Steve,
I am i the same situation as yourself, do you have details where the courses can be taken in the UK? And where are you planing to settle we are heading for Perth.

Regards Adrian
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Do any of you know the licensing requirements in NSW as they are different for each state, or now of a web site for NSW electrical licensing?? I have tried a couple of searches but they have not come back with anything. I have the web site address for the TRA and have e-mailed them for advice, but dont know how helpful they will be.

Thanks in advance

Pete

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:01 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Ade McCoy
Hi Steve,
I am i the same situation as yourself, do you have details where the courses can be taken in the UK? And where are you planing to settle we are heading for Perth.

Regards Adrian
It's a shame you didn't join this website a bit earlier, we had a meeting yesterday (our 2nd) for people living in Essex, where we swap sories and information. A few of us are electricians. I'm going to Adelaide, but try the link below for Western Australia.

http://www.energysafety.wa.gov.au./

Speak to you soon,

Steve.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:09 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by John Howard
Do any of you know the licensing requirements in NSW as they are different for each state, or now of a web site for NSW electrical licensing?? I have tried a couple of searches but they have not come back with anything. I have the web site address for the TRA and have e-mailed them for advice, but dont know how helpful they will be.

Thanks in advance

Pete

Here's a link I found for NSW Electricians, it might be helpful.

http://blis.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/a...ISProd&CurForm$=FTBusiness&ReqForm$=FTLicList&BusinessTypeID=28& IndustryID=8.00&BusinessType$=BUILDING/PLUMBING/ELECTRICAL&InquiryID=604778

If that doesn't work (the link might be too long) try this one

http://blis.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/a...ISProd&CurForm$=MainMenu&ReqForm$=FTIndustry&InquiryID=604778

Or this one,

http://blis.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/a...ISProd&CurForm$=Introduction&ReqForm$=MainMenu&InquiryID=0

Good luck,

Steve.

Last edited by SteveBannister; Jun 2nd 2003 at 10:14 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Thanks for the help Steve

Pete
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical licenses

Originally posted by John Howard

Thanks in advance

Pete

State training/recognition authorities

NSW www.det.nsw.gov.au

Victoria www.otfe.viv.gov.au

Qeensland www.detir.qld.gov.au

WA www.training.wa.gov.au

SA www.tafe.sa.edu.au/vet_div

Tasmania www.dvet.tas.gov.au

ACT www.dpa.act.gov.au/education/vetbranch/indeX.HTM
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Ade McCoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Electrical licences

Originally posted by SteveBannister
It's a shame you didn't join this website a bit earlier, we had a meeting yesterday (our 2nd) for people living in Essex, where we swap sories and information. A few of us are electricians. I'm going to Adelaide, but try the link below for Western Australia.

http://www.energysafety.wa.gov.au./

Speak to you soon,

Steve.
Cheers Steve i've tried this site before , all it really describes are the various classes of gradings.
I've down loaded the wiring regs so i'll just have to wait until i get out there.

Regards Adrian.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

File attached is a reply i recived from Trades Regonition regarding, Electrical licenses. I found it about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike but it might help someone.

Enjoy
Pete
Attached Files
File Type: doc
att_elect[1].doc (161.0 KB, 250 views)
Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Paul the spark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Neil, where are you? UK or Oz. I ask because there is a company in the UK who runs these courses. I'd like to take the test before I go but I understand that it's pricey. If you're in OZ, how much did it cost and what was it like? I've already got a copy of the wiring rules. AS3000, AS3018 and AS3017. Do you know anything about the testing courses?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

Steve, i am hoping to go to Adelaide 2005 andread this old thread about UK doing the licence exam. Iwas given the impression we could not.I would appreciate any info from you if you have a minute as to do it before leaving would be a plus.

cheers
PAUL