EDUCATION in OZ

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EDUCATION in OZ

Does anybody know how the education system works in Australia? My daughter who is 14 and half wants to return to the UK next year to finish off her education as she feels the education here is not upto standard. Will she have to drop back a year in the UK? or can she go straight in the 6th form with what ever results she gets here in Oz? She is concerned about exams and the big difference between them in both countries and how it will affect her when she does go back to the UK when she is 16.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EDUCATION in OZ

Whatever school she goes to will probably set her a small exam just to see what level she is at in her studies. You also have to take into account that Australia is behind in the academic year, so she may well have to re-sit a year. Ask the school she will be going to what their procedure is.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
Whatever school she goes to will probably set her a small exam just to see what level she is at in her studies. You also have to take into account that Australia is behind in the academic year, so she may well have to re-sit a year. Ask the school she will be going to what their procedure is.
thanks for that. Dropping a year is something she didn't want to do. I just wondered if anyone else on BE had experienced going back to UK and starting school again at 16 and what problems ,if any, they had!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
thanks for that. Dropping a year is something she didn't want to do. I just wondered if anyone else on BE had experienced going back to UK and starting school again at 16 and what problems ,if any, they had!
Try posting this on the "moving back to the UK" forum, Only a few who have gone back post here.