Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ebay or Car boot

Ebay or Car boot

Old Apr 8th 2006, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ebay or Car boot

Hi can any one help, we got loads of stuff we need to get rid off as we are not taking it to OZ. Car boot season is nearly here and we don't know what to do. Is it easy to sell things on Ebay or would you recommend just doing a car boot done neither before.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 8th 2006, 6:41 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ebay or Car boot

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi can any one help, we got loads of stuff we need to get rid off as we are not taking it to OZ. Car boot season is nearly here and we don't know what to do. Is it easy to sell things on Ebay or would you recommend just doing a car boot done neither before.

Stacey xx
I'd say put everything on Ebay, and anything that doesnt sell, car boot it.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Apr 8th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ebay or Car boot

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I'd say put everything on Ebay, and anything that doesnt sell, car boot it.

Cheers

Buzzy

Id say more pick and choose what you wantto put on eBay, then the other lower value items car boot. Or if you know you just want to get rid of it all - just do a car boot and then take whatever is left to the charity shop!
Old Apr 8th 2006, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Id say more pick and choose what you wantto put on eBay, then the other lower value items car boot. Or if you know you just want to get rid of it all - just do a car boot and then take whatever is left to the charity shop!

Generally you will get a lot more on Ebay although you have the added hassle of writing the listing and posting the stuff off.

Car boot sales are just basically a forum to give it away! IMHO
Old Apr 8th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

HI there

I sell tons of stuff on ebay to pay for shipping and our tickets to Aus but depending on what it is depends on the price you will get. If you are selling something that is quite unique in other words there arent hundereds of other people selling the same thing defo use ebay just make sure your title is good and has hit words in it. Also remember to weigh everything to make sure if you are selliing heavy items you will not loose on postage the royal mail website lists costs of sending things according to weight. Also remember to include an overseas postage costs as I would say 80% of my stuff goes to the states or canada.

I am doing a car boot for furniture and really big stuff and anything that is slightly damaged as ebayers get shirty is stuff they have bought is broken scrached or slightly damaged.

good luck

NIcola

good luck
Old Apr 8th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola411
HI there

I sell tons of stuff on ebay to pay for shipping and our tickets to Aus but depending on what it is depends on the price you will get. If you are selling something that is quite unique in other words there arent hundereds of other people selling the same thing defo use ebay just make sure your title is good and has hit words in it. Also remember to weigh everything to make sure if you are selliing heavy items you will not loose on postage the royal mail website lists costs of sending things according to weight. Also remember to include an overseas postage costs as I would say 80% of my stuff goes to the states or canada.

I am doing a car boot for furniture and really big stuff and anything that is slightly damaged as ebayers get shirty is stuff they have bought is broken scrached or slightly damaged.

good luck

NIcola

good luck

this sounds like good advice to me!

Lisa.xx
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:04 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan

Stacey xx
I sold everything on Ebay. Got good prices too...no haggling...was easy! I'm not really into standing out in the cold on early mornings anyway so was good for me!
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

ebayers get shirty is stuff they have bought is broken scrached or slightly damaged.
They don't get shirty if you tell them what the damage is. Just don't mis-represent your goods. I have sold thousands of things on Ebay over the years and as long as oyu are honest everything is fine
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
They don't get shirty if you tell them what the damage is. Just don't mis-represent your goods. I have sold thousands of things on Ebay over the years and as long as oyu are honest everything is fine

That also is true but I would say 1 in 10 times that you sell something damaged you need to be careful as people will still try and get there money back or want a refund. Please note this is only my experience and my score is currently over a thousand.

Surely overones experience is differenct.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Is it easy to set up . I have an ebay account but i have never used it, i have got loads of kids toys that they have out grown or never played with is it worth putting them on Ebay.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

That also is true but I would say 1 in 10 times that you sell something damaged you need to be careful as people will still try and get there money back or want a refund. Please note this is only my experience and my score is currently over a thousand.

Surely overones experience is differenct.
Yes we are both probably right as I have sold damaged furniture etc for my parents and never had any problems. I have always made the damage very clear however and never tried to hide it so as long as the damage is clearly described they can't get their money back