Eastlink

Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eastlink

I am not anti-cyclist, Martin. I do think huge big *packs* of sort of [passive?]-aggressive cyclists are playing a big psychology game in the likes of Beach road and as they are softer than cars could lose(!)

Noone had an issue with cyclists, just some members of the sports fraternity.

The problem I see it is the mismatch between cyclist and car in terms of acceleration, visibility and space.

Motorbikes aren't so bad because they can keep up with traffic. (I'm sure a cyclist will tell me he can travel as fast as a car at times!).

The other issue is that a fast moving cyclist is head-down, going hell for leather which means they may not be that aware of what is going on around them.

EastLink. I wonder if the start of the South Eastern/Monash will get busier as people turn on to it knowing they can get off on to the EastLink at some point. (grr!)

I'm wondering how long it will take before demand meets capacity and it was as if it was never built...
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:07 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Thanks mate, but.... what inconvenience? I love Beach Road and I love sharing it with cyclists, joggers, swimmers, dog walkers. For me, it epitomises what my life in Australia is all about. This is my commute for goodness sake - a seaside holiday!

The Nepean Highway is too much like hard work to me.... reminds me of a busy A-road in the UK, with all its lanes and traffic lights and commercial vehicles.

Buzzy
We think alike so much of the time, I'm starting to wonder if my Dad had a bike.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Thanks mate, but.... what inconvenience? I love Beach Road and I love sharing it with cyclists, joggers, swimmers, dog walkers.
Buzzy
Nude residents breakfasting in their road-facing kitchens! I was seriously impressed with the lack of traffic on Beach Road at what - 0645-0715 time enough to get to the IT hub from Buzzy's joint on a commute.

Let's drop the subject before the search engines register B*ach road as a better alternative than the other one.

Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I am not anti-cyclist, Martin. I do think huge big *packs* of sort of [passive?]-aggressive cyclists are playing a big psychology game in the likes of Beach road and as they are softer than cars could lose(!)

Noone had an issue with cyclists, just some members of the sports fraternity.

The problem I see it is the mismatch between cyclist and car in terms of acceleration, visibility and space.

Motorbikes aren't so bad because they can keep up with traffic. (I'm sure a cyclist will tell me he can travel as fast as a car at times!).

The other issue is that a fast moving cyclist is head-down, going hell for leather which means they may not be that aware of what is going on around them.

EastLink. I wonder if the start of the South Eastern/Monash will get busier as people turn on to it knowing they can get off on to the EastLink at some point. (grr!)

I'm wondering how long it will take before demand meets capacity and it was as if it was never built...
Don't take my comments too seriously mate, I'm just having a playful dig.

As someone said once: Building new roads to ease congestion is like trying to go on a diet by loosening your belt.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jun 19th 2008 at 11:16 am.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:30 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Did anybody drive Eastlink yesterday?

I might have a wee look on my way out tonight........

Buzzy
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

I drove from Welly Rd to Cheltenham Rd on the 15th.

Also parked on there for a while. Hopefully not an indication of the road's future use!

I'll definitely try it out while it's still free.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

On the cycling front I've got a bit of a dilemma.

I've signed up for the Around the Bay in the Day and because I did this before a certain date they'll be giving me one of those multi-coloured cycling tops. Now normally I cycle around with my trousers tucked in my socks (cycling clips are a bit posh) unless it's a long ride, in which case I wear black cycling shorts for the benefit of my bottom.

However, if I now wear the multi-coloured top (to take advantage of the streamlining) I'm going to become the target of every nutzo car-driver out there (and on here).

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jun 29th 2008 at 10:24 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

However, if I now wear the multi-coloured top (to take advantage of the streamlining) I'm going to become the target of every nutzo car-driver out there (and on here). [/QUOTE]

Put it on and let me know when and where I can bump into you

John
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

dave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to all

Great news that Eastlink is open , certainly come in handy for us.

I can understand people doing that cycle ride the other weekend , bit of a novelty for sure , but I can't quite understand why so many people turned up yesterday just so they can drive on a new bit of road . Haven't people ever driven on a Freeway before ? Was there really nothing else on yesterday ?

Ask for the d1ckhead who got the first speeding fine........
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jond
Put it on and let me know when and where I can bump into you

John
I'm going clockwise on the 19th October so you should be able to catch me somewhere between Alexandra Gardens and Sorrento in the morning.

Not sure what time we get to Beach Rd but I'm fairly sure they won't be able to fit all the bikes onto the shared path
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_woodsy
Great news that Eastlink is open , certainly come in handy for us.

I can understand people doing that cycle ride the other weekend , bit of a novelty for sure , but I can't quite understand why so many people turned up yesterday just so they can drive on a new bit of road . Haven't people ever driven on a Freeway before ? Was there really nothing else on yesterday ?

Ask for the d1ckhead who got the first speeding fine........

Going off topic completly, you don't own a ute with an Aston Villa number plate that I saw down Main St today do you?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:40 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl, I was wondering if it was just me wondering that?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

dave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jond
Going off topic completly, you don't own a ute with an Aston Villa number plate that I saw down Main St today do you?
No not mine.............

...........So who's the mystery Villa Fan then ?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

No not mine.............

...........So who's the mystery Villa Fan then ?

AVFC01 in claret & blue
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:40 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Eastlink

I drove Eastlink tonight from Dandenong to Frankston Freeway.

It's a road.
It has tarmac.
It has white lines.
Sometimes the white lines are solid.
Sometimes they are broken.

Quite like the sculptures though - I wonder how many will be fooled by the Hotel one?

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.