Eastlink

Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eastlink

And I love it.

Why?

Because some of those female cyclists have got the most fantastically shaped body parts from years of pumping those pedals that I am prepared to forgive all lane hogging from all cyclists.

I thought the same until my BIL informed me (I can't comment if this true or not) that a lot of the cyclists wet themselves rather than stop to go to the toilet

Sort of killed it for me, I know some people on here might like that type of thing though

John
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:32 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
I thought the same until my BIL informed me (I can't comment if this true or not) that a lot of the cyclists wet themselves rather than stop to go to the toilet
eeeew... rank

Another reason to ban those stupid outfits unless your a sponsored rider in an actual team, not some plump Project Manager wanting to highlight that he's riding a cycle worth more than most of the cars at the lights

OK, I'm kind of running away with this now. They don't really bother me THAT much, but once I start on them I can't stop

Al

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jun 18th 2008 at 1:37 am.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

To bring it back to Eastlink I was tickled by the signs at the tunnel extolling the virtues:

Don't speed

Don't tailgate

Don't change lanes

Great Aussie traditions!!

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ebo1608;6480711]To bring it back to Eastlink I was tickled by the signs at the tunnel extolling the virtues:

Don't speed

Don't tailgate

Don't change lanes

Great Aussie traditions!!

Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Just to put the record straight I applaud people who cycle to work. I applaud people who cycle for fun with their family, etc.

What I find absolutely cringe inducing are these packs of plump middle-aged Tour de France wanna-bes in their matching day-clo racing outfits riding four abreast on main road not giving a toss about the motorist, especially when there is a bloody cycle lane right next to them. Anyone who drives down Beach Road will know what I mean. Just drop the Tour de France act. It's the equivalent of driving a Ferrari and wearing the Ferrari cap and jacket. We get the point already....

Al
Have to admit, I agree. I'm reticent to cycle partly as a result of all that act. What did people do before all this gucci kit arrived?

True about Beach road. Buzzy was driving me to work (nice of him) down there, and no bugger was using the cycle lane. You know, I am a bit sympathetic to the drivers who lose their temper.

It's the same with running. When I go for a run, I wear any old gear. Not all the dayglo stuff. My wife thinks its hilarious that I run past all the ''professionals'' in their gear at twice their speed.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Have to admit, I agree. I'm reticent to cycle partly as a result of all that act. What did people do before all this gucci kit arrived?

Thats right, what happened to good old bicycle clips
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond

Thats right, what happened to good old bicycle clips
Whatever happened to that nice grease stain down the inside your leg and the trouser leg tucked into your sock?

Sit up and beg handlebars. Something out of the yellow pages advert. "

"I was right about that saddle".

Always remember starting school and admiring the 5th and 6th formers racing into school on their lightweight 10 speed Peugeots. This was the early 80s and they were cool long before anyone had heard of mountain bikes.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by haggis supper

The peleton that is so large that it spills into the outside lane. Mark my words, its only a matter of time before Beach Road sees a serious accident.
There has been one reported case has there not - somewhere?

My money would be on Buzzy stacking after rubber necking.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=BadgeIsBack;6481501]There has been one reported case has there not - somewhere?

Didn't some old fella get knocked down and killed the other year?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=BadgeIsBack;6481492]Whatever happened to that nice grease stain down the inside your leg and the trouser leg tucked into your sock?

And the mud splashed up your bum because it was cool to have the little mudguard on your bike rather than the full length ones that my dad used to have on bike.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:37 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
There has been one reported case has there not - somewhere?

My money would be on Buzzy stacking after rubber necking.
Most amusing.

Buzzy
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:01 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay Guys. I've got to say that I'm a little disappointed with most of you*. I can't believe that a nice thread about a 1-off possibly unique cycling event was turned into an antibike bitchfest by post number 3.

I know it is human nature to demonise groups that you don't belong to or have no affinity with but it's been a really shameful display.

I'm astounded that after explaining why commuters and fast cyclists don't use the shared path people are still questioning why cyclists are not using the "cycle path". Come on guys I write in plain English most of the time, is it that hard to understand?

Given that it makes no sense for commuting and fast cyclists to use the shared path: why do people drive on Beach Rd when they could use the Nepean which is much more suited to cars? Maybe those drivers who are not confident sharing the road with cyclists should use the Nepean instead?

* I'll take my hat off to Buzzy who can always pick the positive out of any inconvenience.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Okay Guys. I've got to say that I'm a little disappointed with most of you*. I can't believe that a nice thread about a 1-off possibly unique cycling event was turned into an antibike bitchfest by post number 3.

I know it is human nature to demonise groups that you don't belong to or have no affinity with but it's been a really shameful display.

I'm astounded that after explaining why commuters and fast cyclists don't use the shared path people are still questioning why cyclists are not using the "cycle path". Come on guys I write in plain English most of the time, is it that hard to understand?

Given that it makes no sense for commuting and fast cyclists to use the shared path: why do people drive on Beach Rd when they could use the Nepean which is much more suited to cars? Maybe those drivers who are not confident sharing the road with cyclists should use the Nepean instead?

* I'll take my hat off to Buzzy who can always pick the positive out of any inconvenience.

"Maybe those drivers who are not confident sharing the road with cyclists should use the Nepean instead?"

Are you completely tonto ?

Arrive at work and not bitch for the first 30 minutes about cyclists ?

Dear god man.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:27 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haggis supper
"Maybe those drivers who are not confident sharing the road with cyclists should use the Nepean instead?"

Are you completely tonto ?

Arrive at work and not bitch for the first 30 minutes about cyclists ?

Dear god man.
I wonder if there's another group at work bitching about the cars for 30 minutes (or however long it takes to drink a Latte Macchiato)
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:38 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Eastlink

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Maybe those drivers who are not confident sharing the road with cyclists should use the Nepean instead?

Thanks mate, but.... what inconvenience? I love Beach Road and I love sharing it with cyclists, joggers, swimmers, dog walkers. For me, it epitomises what my life in Australia is all about. This is my commute for goodness sake - a seaside holiday!

The Nepean Highway is too much like hard work to me.... reminds me of a busy A-road in the UK, with all its lanes and traffic lights and commercial vehicles.

Buzzy

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jun 19th 2008 at 10:41 am. Reason: grammatical error

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.