Easter show

Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough
Default Easter show

Hi all,I have seen some adverts on the tv(well caught the end) about the easter show,has anyone ever been or knows much about it.Thanks Claire
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Easter show

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
Hi all,I have seen some adverts on the tv(well caught the end) about the easter show,has anyone ever been or knows much about it.Thanks Claire
Sorry forgot to mention its in Sydney,doh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i just caught the end too. u beat me to it with your thread
Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

It's basically a cross between a huge agricultural show and a circus. The country comes to town and shows off all their prize bulls, dogs, sheep, pigs etc. As well as that, there are cooking competitions (old ladies competing to make the best jam, scones, cakes etc.), fairgrounds, showbags, woodchopping. Plus demonstrations, exhibits and stalls selling all sorts of stuff. You get driving, riding, sheepdog displays, clowns, parachutes - all sorts of events happening in the larger arenas, You name it, it's there.

I always love the food displays from the different NSW regions. They have to be seen to be believed. Imagine a 50-foot square picture of a country scene - totally made from fruit (!).

It's a great day for kids.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc

And for big kids too!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Koza is on a distinguished road

The Sydney one is great! Better visit during week-day and as early as possible. At the end of every day there are lots of samples and packs for sale, much cheaper than retail. Don't miss the performance in the evening!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nickyc
It's basically a cross between a huge agricultural show and a circus. The country comes to town and shows off all their prize bulls, dogs, sheep, pigs etc. As well as that, there are cooking competitions (old ladies competing to make the best jam, scones, cakes etc.), fairgrounds, showbags, woodchopping. Plus demonstrations, exhibits and stalls selling all sorts of stuff. You get driving, riding, sheepdog displays, clowns, parachutes - all sorts of events happening in the larger arenas, You name it, it's there.

I always love the food displays from the different NSW regions. They have to be seen to be believed. Imagine a 50-foot square picture of a country scene - totally made from fruit (!).

Sounds great,I think the kids will love it.Thanks for the info,Claire
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

The kids do love it, but your wallet might not. Every time we go we spend an absolute bucket of cash on what is essentially bits and pieces. The kids have all the showbags, and we come away with loads of odd food which inevitably we don't eat.

Love the pig racing
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

go along on Easter Sunday, and take in the Tigers-Bulldogs game at the same time. They're playing in the Olympic stadium (same place)
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

and her's a map of whats where ...

http://www.eastershow.com.au/Dynamic...Show%20Map.pdf