Earnings?

Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Stuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to all
Default Earnings?

We both currently bring home about £32,000 gross p.a.
If we moved to Oz my research tells me we will bring in about $60,000.
Although it could be more.
Is that a okay income to have a decent standard of living, or simular to one here in the U.K?
(We are planning on moving to Melbourne.)
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Earnings?

You may earn more, you may earn less.

It depends in what game you are in.

As a rule, anything over $60K is considered a "decent" salary.

Make sure superannuation is additional to that figure.

Originally Posted by Stuart
Is that a okay income to have a decent standard of living, or simular to one here in the U.K?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

You can get a quite presentable bottle of wine for $5 (I can heartily recommend the Vin Gusto Rose), you'll be fine. Especially if you drink someone else's (better) booze at the barbie.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Stuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
You can get a quite presentable bottle of wine for $5 (I can heartily recommend the Vin Gusto Rose), you'll be fine. Especially if you drink someone else's (better) booze at the barbie.
Hmm, i really only drink Becks and Crown Royal. Maybe i shoud try the wine.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

Where the ***** are you getting your wine so cheap?!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

We are in Perth but that salary is about right as a total and we can easily live on that and not starve !!

Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jayniebabes
We are in Perth but that salary is about right as a total and we can easily live on that and not starve !!
Thanks thats good to know as i eat a lot. LOL
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

Its so hot out here you might not bother to eat at all !!!

Just to get you ready for the move - I've just come back from beach, red hot today, swimming in sea at 9:30am - its a pretty good life eh!!

Thanks thats good to know as i eat a lot. LOL
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:08 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Where the ***** are you getting your wine so cheap?!

Deer, you'd be silly to go anywhere else...

http://www.graysonline.com.au/

I would say $60K is fairly respectable but it depends on how many of you there are, where you're planning on living and what your expenses are going to be... Also, will you be promoted and get a pay rise? Will this be in line with inflation? Make sure you have super....

Budget well.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

It also depends on whether you bring capital to buy cars, houses etc.

Whilst we're on less on paper we have no credit, no hp, no mortgage etc. Insurance etc seems way cheaper and so far we find the cost of living cheaper but the effect the drought continues to have who knows?

Good luck!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jothefw
It also depends on whether you bring capital to buy cars, houses etc.

Whilst we're on less on paper we have no credit, no hp, no mortgage etc. Insurance etc seems way cheaper and so far we find the cost of living cheaper but the effect the drought continues to have who knows?

Good luck!
We hope to bring about 20k sterling with us, you are right about being debt free when we get there as we will have paid our car loan off and sold it as well.
Plus i may get my wife to ebay most of her shoes and i will be quids in. LOL