Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

early dark nights??

early dark nights??

Old May 24th 2006, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Re: early dark nights??

Its a small price to pay for living in such a fantastic place, in the summer it was light before 5am so we just got up really early so we had longer days that way.
And now we've got lovely warm sunny winter days.
Old May 25th 2006, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cantwait
Its a small price to pay for living in such a fantastic place,

And now we've got lovely warm sunny winter days.
100% agree! ...
Old May 25th 2006, 8:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
100% agree! ...
Sorry Paul, you're right, checked the clock this evening - black by 5:30. Shows how much notice I take normally
Old May 25th 2006, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry Paul, you're right, checked the clock this evening - black by 5:30. Shows how much notice I take normally
You know we went to Oz Fair after school to get a thicker Doona after the chill last night and we walked out of the place at 5.32pm and it was dark. I was gonna give you a call and say 1) look at the time, and 2) look out of the window! ...

I would've but I think I misplaced your number.
Old May 25th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

once it is dark, does it get cold?? or can u still enjoy being out in a t shirt?? dark and warm or dark and cold?
thanks
x
Old May 25th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We did find it a bit odd when we were there on holiday a couple of years ago. We stayed with relatives and still sat outside in the evening. I'm sure we'd get used to it after a while once we live there.
Old May 25th 2006, 11:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flump
once it is dark, does it get cold?? or can u still enjoy being out in a t shirt?? dark and warm or dark and cold?
thanks
x
Summer = hot
Winter = cold

Take your pick
Old May 25th 2006, 11:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
x
You can wear a t shirt if you like, I have jeans, jumper, a throw wrapped round me, and a heater blowing at me - But I have been told by a loved one that I am a reptile Summer - dark - warm. Late Autumn/Winter - dark - bloody cold
Old May 25th 2006, 12:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You can wear a t shirt if you like, I have jeans, jumper, a throw wrapped round me, and a heater blowing at me - But I have been told by a loved one that I am a reptile Summer - dark - warm. Late Autumn/Winter - dark - bloody cold
Ever had your thyroid checked? LOL

Im sitting here in our loungeroom with a pair of long trousers & a tshirt on. We do have the fire going, but have only just put the fan on to actually circulate the heat. Its only the 3rd night so far this year that we've put on any form of heating .

Maybe this house is well insulated or something? Although the bedrooms do get cold, but once you are in bed, who cares?
Old May 25th 2006, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

thanks
x
Can only say about now, but I'm not long back from taking the dog for a 15 min walk round the block.

I was happy in a long sleeved t-shirt, but the other half had a jumper, jacket and a hat on ... lmao ... altho she DOES feel the cold. Hates it too!

Last night seemed quite bit colder and I had to step up to a jumper tho! ...

We've only spent 3 weeks here in the Winter last year and we was wearing pretty much the same thing then too.