Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DVD regions and players

DVD regions and players

Old May 17th 2004, 10:53 pm

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DVD regions and players

Hi can anyone tell me if British DvDs (region 2) work on Australian DvD players?

Also can we use our British DvD players in Australia playing there DvD disc (region 4)?

Nick
Old May 17th 2004, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DVD regions and players

Originally posted by silvervfr
Hi can anyone tell me if British DvDs (region 2) work on Australian DvD players?

Also can we use our British DvD players in Australia playing there DvD disc (region 4)?

Nick
Probably - but you may have to do a little tweaking.

It depends on whether the player (either a new one in Australia, or your own UK player) is 'multi-region'.

Some are multi-region when bought. Those that aren't often can be altered by yourself (usually very easy - via remote) to 'become' multi-region.

Check out this link to search for specific player info.
Old May 18th 2004, 7:46 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

You will be able to get to Oz, plug it in and sit back and enjoy your dvd's but only your dvd's. The ones you have taken from the UK will work as normal as they will already be region free.

If you were to go and buy a region 4 dvd from an australian outlet, then no it wouldn't work.

As was said earlier you may well find that your dvd player can be made region free just by a series of key presses from your remote control as many of them allow this. If not then it may well be worth doing a google serach for region free XXXXXXX dvd player using your model number.

It may be able to be done....it may not.