Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DVD cinema surround system

DVD cinema surround system

Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:17 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light
Default DVD cinema surround system

Can anyone let me know if I can bring my DVD surround sound with me to Perth as unsure if it's the same region
Thanks
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:23 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DVD cinema surround system

DVD will be a different region. You can probably region hack it to play any region if it is not already.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 11:13 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Since your existing system will be the one that plays your existing DVDs, then yes it will work - and is kind of required.

As far as Australia is concerned, the DVD region is 4 as compared to the 2 of the UK. Therefore Australian DVDs wouldn't work unless your player was region free - which most UK players can be made to be. Needless to say, a default Australian DVD player wouldn't want to play your existing UK DVDs.

And given the rip off prices of DVDs in Australia, you are likely to be buying DVDs from the UK anyway.

My suggestion is you bring your existing kit with you, then in slower time look to buy a cheap Blu Ray player in addition. UK has the same Blu Ray region as Australia, so you could buy new content as Blu Ray from wherever and it would work.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 6:29 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

All panasonic DVD players are now multi region so will play any DVD.

You can buy a new one for $100 or so
Old Dec 27th 2011, 9:48 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
All panasonic DVD players are now multi region so will play any DVD.

You can buy a new one for $100 or so
Thanks for all that peeps, I will have a look though my manuals see if they say anything
Old Dec 27th 2011, 9:49 pm
Planning for the future

Originally Posted by GarryP
Since your existing system will be the one that plays your existing DVDs, then yes it will work - and is kind of required.

As far as Australia is concerned, the DVD region is 4 as compared to the 2 of the UK. Therefore Australian DVDs wouldn't work unless your player was region free - which most UK players can be made to be. Needless to say, a default Australian DVD player wouldn't want to play your existing UK DVDs.

And given the rip off prices of DVDs in Australia, you are likely to be buying DVDs from the UK anyway.

My suggestion is you bring your existing kit with you, then in slower time look to buy a cheap Blu Ray player in addition. UK has the same Blu Ray region as Australia, so you could buy new content as Blu Ray from wherever and it would work.
Good point, thanks