Duvets

Old Jul 31st 2005, 2:57 pm
FAMILY MEMBER

paula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura about
Default Duvets

Hi everyone, starting to get the stuff ready for the shippers who are coming in 3 weeks time. Does anyone know if i can take my feather quilt/duvet with me or not? 10 weeks time we will be in Oz, we can't wait, yippee.
paula and family
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Re: Duvets

Hi

we brought ours - no worries!

gd
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:14 pm
FAMILY MEMBER

paula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura about

Thank you. Hopefully wont need it that much, but will take it just incase.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paula elliott
Thank you. Hopefully wont need it that much, but will take it just incase.
Where are you heading ?

Cas
Old Jul 31st 2005, 4:21 pm
FAMILY MEMBER

Jimboomba,south of Brisbane
Old Jul 31st 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We asked this a while back and were told to take them as they will be needed in winter.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 4:44 pm
FAMILY MEMBER

Originally Posted by karenjc
We asked this a while back and were told to take them as they will be needed in winter.
Iknow it is good to take quilts as it gets cold in the iwnter evenings,but was not sure if they would let us bring in Duckdown duvet??????????
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, starting to get the stuff ready for the shippers who are coming in 3 weeks time. Does anyone know if i can take my feather quilt/duvet with me or not? 10 weeks time we will be in Oz, we can't wait, yippee.
paula and family

Hi Paula,

Whilst I'm almost certain you won't have any problems with your duck down duvet, it might be worth getting the answer straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. I know that when we posed certain questions to various shippers we got conflicting answers. For example we have an outdoor Chiminea (like a wood burner) which Doree Bonner shippers said would be absolutely no problem at all to ship. But Crown Relocations said that they had one 'confiscated' (if that's the right word) at Perth, and we should definitely leave it behind.

So just to be sure, I would recommend you email AQIS. I had a reply from this guy : [email protected]
I had a question regarding minerals (rocks and fossils) and he was exceptionally helpful. This way if you have any problems you can be sure what the outcome is going to be, rather than relying on conflicting information from the shipping companies.

Hope this helps. Whereabouts in Essex are you from? (if you don't mind me asking). We're from Rochford headed for Brisbane in 5 weeks. Our shipping went last Friday!

Netta
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:27 pm
FAMILY MEMBER

Thanks for your reply, i will email the chap and ask him. we currently live in glorious Basildon. Our belongings go the week begining 22 August and hpfully if all goes well our house goes 26th August. We will then go and stay with friends in Cambridge for a few weeks. Our flight is October 10th. 10 weeks tomorrow and we are on our way, yippee.
paula
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, i will email the chap and ask him. we currently live in glorious Basildon. Our belongings go the week begining 22 August and hpfully if all goes well our house goes 26th August. We will then go and stay with friends in Cambridge for a few weeks. Our flight is October 10th. 10 weeks tomorrow and we are on our way, yippee.
paula

Small world - I worked at FDR (Basildon) for many years. I took redundancy last October.

Good luck with your move. We fly out on Sept 7th. I was looking up Jimboomba as its not somewhere I'd actually heard of. Do you have relatives here? Just wondered why you'd picked this area. I'm being nosey sorry, just curious!

Netta