Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Radio - Make up your own mind

Perth Radio - Make up your own mind

Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:24 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future
Default Perth Radio - Make up your own mind

Some think its crap, well most of these you can listen to live so make up your own mind.... or just get into the Perth mood now - even if you're still in Blighty.

http://www.onlinewa.com.au/text/radiostations/#FMradio
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:43 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth Radio - Make up your own mind

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
Some think its crap, well most of these you can listen to live so make up your own mind.... or just get into the Perth mood now - even if you're still in Blighty.

http://www.onlinewa.com.au/text/radiostations/#FMradio
Cool thanks for the link
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:53 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

We listen to Chris Isley and John Lewis every day whilst having dinner...well John seems to have gone into hiding so it's Chris mostly now.

Honestly, some of the people phoning in have us in stitches. Some sound as if they've had too much grog, one guy rings in every day like clockwork. There's also the regular guests Chris has on like the computer geek that is SO boring and the woman who 'foresees' your future.....

We love it!

D D

BTW we're moving to Melbourne and would listen to 6PR anyday over the drivel mellie puts out
Old Jul 30th 2005, 8:28 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I mostly listen to 96fm(at work) (mostly rock from 70's, 80's, 90's, now) and TripleJ.

In the car I also sometimes switch to Mix 94.5 if there's not a good one on one of the others.
Oh, and RTR fm sometimes.

96fm does quite a bit of 80's rock (AC/DC, or is that 90's??!), but also plenty of 90's (reguralry hear Nirvana, Pearl Jam, REM, stuff like that), and from now, Coldplay, blues and roots, Jet etc etc.
They have supersets at 9am, 2 pm and 5pm which are mostly 80's, they're often a bit sameish.
The only weird thing is they play quite a bit of Avril Lavigne(at least one song a day), which doesn't really fit(not that often anyway). My theory is that have a deal with that record company or something.. or maybe because she was here a while ago. Still, it's mostly good rock on there, not to much pop rock for 16 yo's...

Can't say I find the talking on most very funny or interesting, that's why I'm always switching, to just catch the good songs.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:22 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Only 2 music stations worth listening to: RTRFM in Perth and TripleJ.

the rest are all "coma FM"
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/todayt...io_alpha_C.htm
Old Jul 31st 2005, 1:36 am
Tell it like it is'er

Scorpio1 will become famous soon enough

Too much of the usual Aussie problem on the radio over here - too much talking, advertising, sponsorship etc. & not enough music! The TV's pretty bad for the same reasons, those ads and the amount of them will drive you up the wall :scared: !
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

I am listening to 6pr from here in England as I write this. I love it my husband hates it. You definately do get your characters. Graham Mabury, Chris Isley and Jon Lewis - DJ's are very good. Normally listen during our evening their early morning programmes. I enjoy it as you get to hear all the Perth news and it gives you a small insight to Perth life.
Regards
Theresa
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:52 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim
I am listening to 6pr from here in England as I write this. I love it my husband hates it. You definately do get your characters. Graham Mabury, Chris Isley and Jon Lewis - DJ's are very good. Normally listen during our evening their early morning programmes. I enjoy it as you get to hear all the Perth news and it gives you a small insight to Perth life.
Regards
Theresa
Hi Theresa,

Will think of you tomorrow night at dinner whilst listening....

D D
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:21 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim
Regards
Theresa

Its better during the day, but you lot will be sleeping