Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dummies guide to applying for visa?

Dummies guide to applying for visa?

Old May 3rd 2006, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

kevinkeerie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dummies guide to applying for visa?

Hi guys,

Just about to fill my TRA forms in and get them posted (attempting this without the help of an agent)

Thing is i'm confusing myself with all the forms so looking for a dummies guide to this if poss

Here's my situation :

Joiner from Scotland 6 years experience no certificates
Girlfriend and 2 kids (one mine the other from previous relationship) aged 3 and 1 are coming too.
I am 25, girlfriend's 22.

I just need to know what forms to fill in

I have the tra form and am currently writing my "book" of employment details
Does my girlfriend shelly have to send anything at this point?

When the tra comes back (hopefully as successful) do i send a 47sk for the 4 of us?

Then a form 80 for me and girlfriend?
how long do i leave sending medical forms ( i want to spped the application)
What do i need to do to complete the medical, just ask my doctor??

When do i send police report in? do i just get this from my local police station? again what do i ask them for?

Once all this done is it just a case of waiting or have i missed something out??

Thanks for any help you can provide me
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dummies guide to applying for visa?

Originally Posted by kevinkeerie
Hi guys,

Just about to fill my TRA forms in and get them posted (attempting this without the help of an agent)

Thing is i'm confusing myself with all the forms so looking for a dummies guide to this if poss

Here's my situation :

Joiner from Scotland 6 years experience no certificates
Girlfriend and 2 kids (one mine the other from previous relationship) aged 3 and 1 are coming too.
I am 25, girlfriend's 22.

I just need to know what forms to fill in

I have the tra form and am currently writing my "book" of employment details
Does my girlfriend shelly have to send anything at this point?

When the tra comes back (hopefully as successful) do i send a 47sk for the 4 of us?

Then a form 80 for me and girlfriend?
how long do i leave sending medical forms ( i want to spped the application)
What do i need to do to complete the medical, just ask my doctor??

When do i send police report in? do i just get this from my local police station? again what do i ask them for?

Once all this done is it just a case of waiting or have i missed something out??

Thanks for any help you can provide me

Hi

Here's one I prepared earlier

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370138 see post 5.

The only difference will be that you will either need a court order or written permission from the oldest childs father to enable you to remove the oldest child from the country.

Although other people know more about the procedure for that than me.
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:36 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dummies guide to applying for visa?

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi

The only difference will be that you will either need a court order or written permission from the oldest childs father to enable you to remove the oldest child from the country.

Although other people know more about the procedure for that than me.
Weve had to "deal" with Rachels ex, he hasnt seen Charlotte for 11 years, and he had the cheek to try and stop her, saying he wanted to see her etc. We had to fill a form 1229 in, infront of a notary public(£70) not a solicitor(£5) we asked what the difference was, he said £65 and he was retiring , wonder why?
PM us if you need more info.
Regards,
Rachel & Paul