Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dumb blonde seeks advise

dumb blonde seeks advise

Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough
Smile dumb blonde seeks advise

We are looking into emigrating to australia next year as my son has to have a bone graft operation next spring (may time)and we would be looking in to going after that.
When should we be applying for our visa?
Also if you have a sponsor (employer) what would the sponsor do for us?
what visa would apply to us my husband is a skilled printer,
Any advise much appreciated
Laura
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: dumb blonde seeks advise

I would apply as soon as. Ours took 15 months from start to finish, but I think that it depends on the type of visa you are applying for.

I can't answer your question about employer sponsership as we did it our selves. But if you did do employer sponser ship you would be tied to that company for at least 2 years and if you hated it that would be a nightmare.

If you folks have enough points my advise would be to go for an independent visa although you have to pay all the costs it'll be worth it for picking and choosing your employers and also the location.

They normally give you 12 months to enter the country to validate your visa from the time you had your medicals and police checks.

I'm no expert, just telling you my experiences. Good luck if you decide to go for it anyways.

Kerry
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough

Thanks Kerry, think were gonna look into the independant visa
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Have just added reply you might find useful onto your other thread Lousco

Good Luck with everything

Lindsey