Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Argh! docs too big for photocopier

Argh! docs too big for photocopier

Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:57 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Argh! docs too big for photocopier

just copying off my birth and wedding certs for to take for certification but they're both a bit longer than A4 and copier chops either the top with the serial number off or the bottom with the official's signature off each.

Anyone else had this? Is it ok to copy onto 2 sheets and sellotape together? Should I to trek to kallkwik miles away for an A3 copier?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argh! docs too big for photocopier

Originally Posted by JoolsB
just copying off my birth and wedding certs for to take for certification but they're both a bit longer than A4 and copier chops either the top with the serial number off or the bottom with the official's signature off each.

Anyone else had this? Is it ok to copy onto 2 sheets and sellotape together? Should I to trek to kallkwik miles away for an A3 copier?
Can you not try reducing it slightly, so as it fits, or alternatively, copy onto
A3 size paper. problem solved.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:48 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks-trying to use my fax/copier at home which has no A3 option but about to read though my machine manual to see how to reduce cos I didnt think of that doh!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:53 am
South Yarra Sheila

nope still no good as doc overhangs plate too much. kallkwik it is yawn
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

When we got our stuff stamped, they had to do the copying as they need to see the original.
i.e how can they state it's a true copy of the original if they don't do it themselves.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Have you got a scanner?
We got around the same problem by scanning the certificates in and then printing them as A4.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:14 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by Gjn200
When we got our stuff stamped, they had to do the copying as they need to see the original.
i.e how can they state it's a true copy of the original if they don't do it themselves.
I was going to take the originals with me so the solicitor can compare with the copy and then certify as a true copy
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:18 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
Have you got a scanner?
We got around the same problem by scanning the certificates in and then printing them as A4.
the problem is not only the paper size but also that the actual glass plate which you put the doc on is only A4 size so cant do that either - Ive given up now!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

the problem is not only the paper size but also that the actual glass plate which you put the doc on is only A4 size so cant do that either - Ive given up now!
Sounds like you are having a bad day - I'm sure there must be a solution
What you need to do is forget about it today, have a few drinks tonight and start again tomorrow
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Kipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant future

I was told not to sellotape 2 x A$ together, person who certifies documents will probably have a photocopier that does A3, ask them to do it for you.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

shrink it on the copier , just reduce size & it won't cut it off .

sure take both to get signed and you will be fine
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:31 pm
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
Sounds like you are having a bad day - I'm sure there must be a solution
What you need to do is forget about it today, have a few drinks tonight and start again tomorrow
You are so right! My back is aching from poring over mounds of "evidence of my genuine relationship" all afternoon but the booze cupboard is bare alas-awaiting OH's return with gin and Nando's
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:34 pm
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
shrink it on the copier , just reduce size & it won't cut it off .

sure take both to get signed and you will be fine
Am I being really dim?-how do i shrink it when half the document is hanging outside the copier where it cant register it?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

isnt' it odd..cos i am now in Canada..and our Aussie standard A4 documents are too big!..i am having ths same issues here..Canadians standard paper is slightly smaller!..so i just kind of bump the paper up the top as far as i can go without knocking out any of the text.

good luck!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

We took ours to a printer in town who photocopied them for us.