Reload this Page >

duel nationality

duel nationality

Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: duel nationality

Originally Posted by MrsMangle
Unfortunately $1 a week is also entirely possible...I know of one young guy who made a stonking 37 pence for four days hard graft after they'd deducted his accommodation costs!
Bet he wished he didnt stay at the Hilton now :-)

Xmas has not been a quite time for recruitment (at least not for us) in fact December was my busiest month. Of course, it all depends on what sector it is, if he is looking in a more casual sector then the company has probably come across a lot of travellers or temp visa people. If you have the right skillset companies are usually more than willing to overlook things such as moving back etc, its more an issue when you are level pegging with many other candidates all capable of doing the job, then the smallest thing become a reason (excuse) to decline. In my humble opinion, you need to be patient in one spot to get to know the area, the right companies, agencies etc. When I moved here I found months down the line that companies and agencies started calling me about previous applications for more applicable roles. i also started to understand who i needed to be speaking to.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:24 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It does seem a bit odd, especially as Perth is the area with the highest % of British migrants.

Perth has 12% UK Born compared to
Sydney with 5%
and
Brisbane 6%
and better not forget
Melbourne 5%
oh Yes, and
Adelaide 9%
... who have I forgotten
Hobart 5%
*cough*
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:25 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Faith
You also forgot Canberra coming in last no doubt with ScutterUK and... er... um...
thank you
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:54 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by scutterUK
*cough*

Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

well txt are now working in Oz as i had one today from him he as been living in a tent since he left Perth while he was there he was stopping with freinds of the family he is skilled in difrant things he was in the RAF worked in banks security and other stuff and every job he whent for even fruit picking just to give him some money he was turned down but he is now on the move to melbourne where he said he will fone me tonight he said he goin over Sydney coz it is biger and might b able to find a job there he would even take pub work as he as lived and worked in one

willow
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Text messages UK - Oz are still VERY hit and miss, don't rely on them!

I just find it strange that you feel dual nationality has stopped him finding a job - loads of us on here are Brits, with no hint of Aussie nationality, yet by sheer persistence have found work - and in the city we started off in.
I just think he should spend longer in each place - the employer hardly has time to get back to him!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi pollyanna
with frm he whent from place to place to find a job in Perth as that is where he wanted to settle down but after weeks of been told no from every where he decided anough was a nough funds was drying up he had to move on im still crossing my fingers he finds somthing but as for his duel nationality he whent over to Oz with a place to stay but never thought about the rest well that is how i feel even tho we have been sorting it all out for the past 2 years it just felt the time was right and all hope is not lost yet still hoping we dont have to go to NZ where the dreaded parant in laws are i'll scream if i got to go there well he should hit melbourne tonight goin to rest then back on the road to sydney i told him if it wasnt for our son i would be over there sleeping in his tent cant make a 12 year old sleep in a tent tho so for now we still in UK
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: duel nationality

well FMR as finaly made it to melbourne got accomadation sorted out he is stopping in a backpackers hostle and thay help you to find a job he as just told me so it looks like melbourne it is for us i have told him im comming out at end of feb so he better get his arse in gear

all the best willow